Located on the campus of University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio, University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital is a 244-bed, full-service pediatric hospital and academic medical center, solely dedicated to the health care needs of children. A trusted leader in children’s health care for more than 120 years, UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital consistently ranks among the top children’s hospitals in the nation. As the region’s premier resource for pediatric referrals, UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital’s dedicated team of more than 1,300 pediatric specialists uses the most advanced treatments and latest innovations to deliver the complete range of pediatric specialty services to approximately 9,000 inpatients and 500,000 outpatients each year. Learn more at RainbowBabies.org.
Among the nation’s leading academic medical centers, University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center is an affiliate of Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, a nationally recognized leader in medical research and education.
- Provide clinical pharmacy services (drug information, drug therapy monitoring, patient-specific consultations, health care staff inservices, pharmacoepidemiology and pharmacoeconomic evaluations in Adult patient populations)
- Investigate/research/report adverse drug reactions
- Participate in Medication Safety and Therapeutics Committee process: evaluate requests for new drug usage and old formulary drug relevance, and review therapeutic classes for relevance, assist in updating hospital formulary
- Serve as an informational and patient problem solving resource for physicians, nurses, and clinical staff pharmacists
- Monitor the order writing, dispensing, and administration of medications
- Five years experience as a clinical pharmacist specialist with training in drug therapy of diseases including the knowledge and application of clinical pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, drug-drug interactions, and pharmaceutics to patients OR PGY1 and PGY2 training in adult units
- Training in cost-analysis/cost evaluation techniques preferred
- Computer systems skills in spreadsheet, database, and word processing preferred
- Must demonstrate highly effective written and oral communication skills
- Graduate of an accredited college of pharmacy
- Doctor of Pharmacy with completion of an ASHP accredited hospital or clinical residency program preferred
- Pharmacist licensure in the State of Ohio
- Preferred Qualifications: Previous experience in pediatric pharmacy preferred.
Apply online at http://careers.uhhospitals.org/job/6854844/clinical-pharmacist-nights-cleveland-oh/
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Educational verification may be required for this position. In support of our mission “to improve health every day”, this is a tobacco-free environment.