UF Health Shands is a nationally recognized 875-bed academic medical center located in beautiful Gainesville, Florida. UF Health Shands provides diverse and comprehensive patient care services including a wide variety of critical care, hematology/oncology, pediatric, neurosurgical, cardiovascular and general medicine services. UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital is a hospital within a hospital on the main campus. It represents the only tertiary academic pediatric center in North Central Florida containing 206 beds with a recent expansion of our Neonatal ICU by an additional 16 beds. We currently utilize the Epic® electronic medical record system, Alaris® smart pump infusion devices house wide, and bar code medication administration house wide.
We are seeking a qualified individual to manage our pediatric and women’s pharmacy team consisting of three clinical pharmacy specialists, nine clinical staff pharmacists, fourteen pharmacy technicians, one pharmacy technician coordinator, two shared faculty positions in collaboration with the UF College of Pharmacy, and two per diem employees (total of 25.2 FTEs). The Pediatric and Women’s Chief is responsible for providing leadership for the provision of pharmacy services (both operational and clinical) for our pediatric and women’s services including pediatric ICU, pediatric cardiothoracic surgery ICU, neonatal ICU, pediatric hematology/oncology and bone marrow transplantation, two general pediatric units, and a dedicated pediatric emergency department. The chief is responsible for oversight of operations of two pharmacy satellites providing pharmacy services operations 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage team and satellite operations on a daily basis
- Mentor team and create vision for pharmacy services
- Lead team in identifying cost containment and cost savings initiatives in pediatric and women’s area
- Lead team in developing and maintaining competencies for pharmacists in pediatric/women’s health related topics
- Provide performance evaluations on an annual basis for all direct reports
- Lead interdisciplinary collaboration to optimize drug therapy and prevent adverse medication events amongst team
- Lead departmental quality improvement projects in pediatric and women’s areas
- Participate in research activities ongoing in the department
- Serve as resident and student mentor and preceptor
In addition to above, this position includes eligibility for adjunct faculty appointment at the University of Florida College of Pharmacy. Numerous teaching, research, and professional development opportunities are also available.
To formally apply, please visit http://jobs.ufhealth.org/careers/ (Job opening ID #41608).