Providence is calling a part time Pharmacy Technician I to the Pharmacy at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
In this position you will:
- Perform technical duties related to pharmaceutical care under the direct supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
- Accurately and productively fill and deliver routine orders using various unit dose systems, and computer based order entry and billing systems.
- Utilize technical skills in performance of daily operations. This includes filling floor stock and cassettes, packaging unit dose medications, accurately completing daily computer entry and backup.
- Utilize critical thinking in performance of Pharmaceutical Care activities.
- Collaborate with team members to utilize resources efficiently.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Licensed as a Pharmacy Technician in the State of Alaska - Must submit current, valid and original Alaska Pharmacy Technician license at time of hire to the department for verification. Copies of the license as well as the wallet card verification are not acceptable.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Six (6) months experience working as a technician in a retail or hospital (preferred) pharmacy.
- Hospital pharmacy experience utilizing unit dose, IV admixture, and a pharmacy computer system.
- Thorough knowledge of drug names, generic and trade, drug strengths, and dosage forms, familiarity with Unit Dose and IV admixture systems and a working knowledge of sterile techniques is desirable.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Pharmacy Technician
Req ID: 149251