Providence is calling a ( Per Diem / Day Shift ) Pharmacist
to Providence Regional Sterile Compounding Center located in Burbank, CA.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for providing and coordinating pharmaceutical care services and collaborative drug therapy management for patients
- Serve a resource to the patients, physicians, pharmacists, nurses and other member of the health care team
- Provide & prepare special intravenous solutions according to professional standards and practices
- Assure safe and effective medication use and assure that drug storage is safe, controlled, and meets required conditions
- Demonstrate proficiency, (e.g. infants, adolescents, adults, geriatrics, pediatrics), and participate in related continuing education.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Registered by the California State Board of Pharmacy as a Licensed Pharmacist
- Current California Licensed Pharmacist
- Bachelor's Degree
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
About the hospital you will serve.
Nationally recognized for clinical excellence and trauma care, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center is a 377-bed, level II trauma center in Mission Hills, California. We are the only community hospital in all of Los Angeles County to achieve Magnet Status for Nursing Excellence. Providence Holy Cross also has been recognized this year by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles. As our reputation for excellence grows, so does our facility. We have recently expanded our medical center with the addition of a new 138-bed patient care wing. This expansion has made Providence Holy Cross Medical Center one of the largest hospitals serving the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys.
As Providence Holy Cross continues to expand it's outreach into the community we are also expanding our services to the Providence Southern California Region. Our new Regional Sterile Compounding Center is located in Burbank, California and will provide compounding services to our 6 hospital region. This state of the art facility will have all the latest technology to provide the highest quality product to our hospital and patients.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Pharmacists
Req ID: 149339