Providence is calling a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist to Providence Medical Group in Portland, OR.
In this position, you will:
- Collaborate with primary care physicians and staff to provide coordinated, comprehensive, high quality care to Providence Medical Group (PMG) patients.
- Be responsible for providing collaborative drug therapy management (CDTM) services in designated PMG clinics in-person, telephonically, and by e-visits.
- Assess the patient upon referral or identification, adjust medications, screen for drug interactions and adverse effects, provide disease/medication education, and explore opportunities to simplify and/or decrease the cost of the medication regimen in collaboration with the primary care provider (PCP)/prescriber, patient/caregiver and other patient-centered medical home (PCMH) team members.
- Utilize registries for chronic diseases and reports/tools to identify target populations/patients and enhance therapeutic outcomes through disease/medication education and drug therapy optimization.
- Provide education to PMG providers, staff, and patients in written and verbal formats that include formal and informal presentations and publications.
- Be a drug therapy resource to physicians and other members of the healthcare team.
- Participate in the selection and training of Ambulatory Care postgraduate year two (PGY2) Pharmacy Residents. He/She will also precept other pharmacy residents and students.
- Work to improve the stewardship of limited healthcare resources.
- Have responsibilities that may include designing and implementing innovative projects to improve the quality and cost-effectiveness of medication therapy within PMG.
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams focused on outcomes research and disease management projects with the goal of improving the quality of healthcare provided to PMG patients.
Required q ualifications for this position include:
- Doctorate of Pharmacy from an accredited college or school of pharmacy
- Current valid Oregon pharmacy license, or license eligible
- Completion of a postgraduate year one (PGY1) residency
- Completion of a specialty/PGY2 residency in ambulatory care -or- 3 years of experience in primary care pharmacy (or related area) involving direct, collaborative patient care
- Current valid Driver's License and reliable transportation
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Pharmacists
Req ID: 132406