Providence is calling a Pharmacy Technician to Providence Pharmacy Monroe.
The pharmacy technician supports Pharmacy services under the direction of a licensed Pharmacist.
In this position you will:
- Perform functions associated with the preparation and issuance of outpatient prescriptions and other hospital pharmacy processing which are permitted by state regulations, under the direction of a licensed pharmacist
- Perform routine functions assisting the pharmacist in collecting and verifying patient medication histories and maintaining patient records
- Order medications and assist in maintaining accurate physical inventory and records of controlled substances
- Perform cashier duties
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Current Pharmacy Technician certification in Washington State
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous practical experience in a hospital and/or retail pharmacy
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state's most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of Epic EMR will significantly enhance our patient's experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only 2 hours north.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Pharmacy Technician
Req ID: 148885