Providence is calling a Pharmacist (Oral Dose Pharmacy, Variable Shift, Full-time) to Providence Infusion & Pharmacy Services in Tukwila, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Position details: This is a full-time position (40 hours/week, 1.0FTE). Variable shift (Typically starting at 10:30am to 7pm, weekdays OR 9am to 5:30pm weekends. Possibly adjusting schedule based on needs of the department).
In this position you will:
- Process, dispense and check medication prescriptions for Providence Hospice, Marianwood, Mount St. Vincent, St. Joseph's Retirement facility, and ElderPlace patients with the assistance of pharmacy support personnel.
- Provide pertinent drug information to physician(s), providers and nursing staff regarding drug therapy.
- Work closely with nurses, providers and pharmacy technicians to ensure that all patients are receiving quality care that is delivered in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure that all medications are prescribed in compliance with medical standards.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy with a Bachelor's of Science degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy degree
- Current Washington State Registered Pharmacist license
- Two (2) or more years of experience as a licensed pharmacist
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of residency program approved by the ASHP
- Board Geriatric Certification
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Infusion and Pharmacy Services in Tukwila and Spokane, Washington provides pharmaceutical services to patients in communities throughout Washington, Alaska, Idaho and Montana. Patient safety, patient satisfaction, and clinical outcomes are our priorities. Our services include nutrition and pharmacological therapies to patients in their homes or in our Ambulatory Suites, disease management and related specialized infusion therapies, and clinical nurse, pharmacist, and nutrition consulting and support services.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Pharmacists
Req ID: 151634