Employment Duration: Full time
Department: St. Luke's Health System
Chief Pharmacy Officer
St. Luke's Health System
As a Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS) Chief Pharmacy Officer you will oversee the pharmacy operations at St. Luke's Health System. Among the key responsibilities of the position will be successfully collaborating with Pharmacy Directors to identify opportunities and enable best practices within the pharmacy, such as decentralizing pharmacy services, expanding clinical and ambulatory services, and building an integrated work team.
About St. Luke's Health System: As the only Idaho-based, not-for-profit health system, St. Luke's is dedicated to their mission "To improve the health of people in the communities we serve." Today that means not only treating you when you're sick or hurt, but doing everything they can to help you be as healthy as possible. The system includes approximately 850 beds. St. Luke's has partnered with Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS) to help achieve their mission. The Chief Pharmacy Officer will be an employee of CPS. All other pharmacy staff are employees of St. Luke's Health System.
The CPS Advantage: As a CPS Chief Pharmacy Officer you will have a full support team of experts available to you including Regulatory, Safety, Compliance, Clinical, Operations, Purchasing and more. CPS covers the costs of ASHP membership for its acute care Directors and provides an extensive selection of on-line learning opportunities, and provides on-going clinical, safety and regulatory bulletins and updates. This position will be part of a regional team that meets regularly via phone and in person to share information and support one another.
Benefits: CPS full-time employees enjoy a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance / 401(k) with a Match / Paid Time Off (PTO) Program / Company Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability / Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance / Medical Flex and Dependent Care Accounts / Relocation / and more.
About CPS: We're Comprehensive Pharmacy Services or CPS, a pharmacy services provider for 500+ acute-care hospitals, long term acute-care, behavioral health systems, and specialty hospitals across the U.S. and in Puerto Rico. For over 40 years, we have delivered pharmacy service value through financial, operational, clinical, therapeutic, and regulatory expertise. And we're growing at a breathtaking rate. You will discover, along with 2000+ other employees, that CPS is a company you'll be proud to grow with.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- B.S. or PharmD from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy
- MBA OR Pharmacy Management Residency preferred
- ID pharmacist license in good standing with the Board of Pharmacy or ability to obtain one
- 5 years pharmacy director experience in a complex health care system
- Experience working with Integrated Delivery Networks
- 340B experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations governing pharmacy services
- Proficient in the use and application of new medications and technology
- Leadership, change management, administrative, human resource, and managerial skills required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively participate on interdisciplinary teams and committees
- Business acumen including profit/loss understanding, contract negotiations, and GPO function required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required
- Problem solving ability and analytical thinking required