Providence is calling a Clinical Pharmacist to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
In this position you will:
- Develop, coordinate, and maintain clinical and distributive Pharmaceutical Care services in collaboration with other pharmacists, physicians, primary caregivers and patient/family.
- Be responsible for any delegated act performed by pharmacy technicians.
- Assist in direct patient care and collaborate with other team members to plan and provide important aspects of care.
- Help to ensure that patient care is delivered in a manner that optimizes outcome and minimizes cost.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- BS from an accredited college of pharmacy.
- Current Alaska Pharmacy License.
- Basic pharmaceutical knowledge and clinical skills, and familiarity with the basic functions of a hospital pharmacy.
- Six (6) months experience in an applicable setting.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- PharmD. or MS and residency.
- Completion of Basic Life Support course required within one month of hire.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Pharmacists
Req ID: 143868