Providence is calling a Pharmacy Technician ( Full Time / Day Shift ) at our Providence Medical Institute location in Hawthorne, CA.
In this position you will:
- Assist the pharmacist in filling prescriptions, preparing and dispensing oral and IV medications and performs clerical duties.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current Pharmacy Technician license with the State of California.
- Ability to communicate in oral and written English.
- Knowledge of sterile product technique preparation.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Typing speed of 40 words per minute.
- Ability to use computer and operate 10-key calculator.
- Graduate of an accredited Pharmacy technical school.
About the location you will serve:
Providence Health & Services Southern California is further developing its physician integration strategy. Historically, the largest asset has been Providence Medical Institute, a medical foundation that provides administrative and other support services to affiliated medical groups. Providence Medical Institute is expected to grow significantly in the next several years, bringing with it facilities, staff and physician growth to support that objective.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Pharmacy Technician
Req ID: 153570