Providence is calling a Pharmacy Technician III (Pharmacy Dept, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Support the practice of pharmacy, performing delegated tasks, and performing drug distribution, compounding, record keeping, and clerical activities under the supervision of a registered pharmacist.
- Be concerned with directing the day to day operations of the pharmacy regarding accurate and timely I.V. admixture, including chemotherapy preparation.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification by the National Certification exam (PTCB or ExCPT) as a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
- Must be licensed with the State of Montana as a certified pharmacy technician
- Valid Montana State Driver's License, motor vehicle record, and current insurance required upon hire
- Working knowledge of all policies and procedures related to the preparation of I.V. admixtures
- Experience with the preparation of all types of I.V. admixtures including minibags, syringes, and large volumes
- Knowledge of I.V. admixture pumps and related computer software
- Working knowledge of aseptic technique
- Clear understanding of medication names and medical terminology
- Ability to train staff
- Ability to prioritize and triage work in a high volume, high stress environment
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of an approved pharmacy technician program
- 1 year of experience working in an I.V. admixture service within an acute care setting
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more than 250 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital and among many other awards, have earned the Premier Award for Quality award repeatedly. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned rivers.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Pharmacy Technician
Req ID: 151803