Kadlec has an exciting opportunity for a Pharmacist to join our growing team\!
Shift Details: Full time, 1\.0\. Variable shift\. \(Primarily nights\)\.
- Graduation from an accredited College of Pharmacy required\.
- Current Washington State Pharmacist licensure required\.
- Graduation from an accredited residency program preferred\.
- Previous institutional pharmacy practice experience is preferred\.
- Bi\-lingual or multi\-lingual skills preferred\.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
As a Pharmacist you will provide pharmaceutical care to Kadlec Regional Medical Center patients; Performs maintenance of medication care electronic health records, allergy history documentation and review; Prepares and dispenses prescribed drug therapies; Monitors drug regimen appropriateness, prevention and monitoring of adverse drug effects; and oversees medication system safety and security, provision of drug information to patients and professional staff, performance of clinical drug interventions with medical record documentation, performance of pharmacist prescriptive protocol duties, and provision of other medication care service activities\.
- Embraces a culture of professionalism and excellence in providing pharmaceutical care\.
- Provides prescribed medications and other pharmaceuticals as needed for patient care according to professional standards and practices\.
- Monitors individual patient drug therapy for medication safety and appropriateness\.
- Inpatient dose monitoring per patient renal function status\.
- Follows Aminoglycoside, Vancomycin, and Adult TPN prescriptive authority protocols\.
- Actively participates in KRMC's Antimicrobial Stewardship program\.
- Provision of decentralized clinical services on inpatient care units\.
- Responds to questions from physicians and nursing staff and patients regarding medicines and pharmaceuticals\.
- Oversees daily drug distribution service activities\.
- Oversees controlled medication procurement, distribution, security, and documentation compliance daily\.
- Performs medication safety oversight activities throughout the Medical Center\.
- Supervises and checks work of the pharmacy technicians; may assist in interviews, selection and training of new technicians\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —
Provide safe compassionate care\. We promise to answer the call of every person we serve; to know them, care for them and ease their way\. We are committed to safety, compassion, respect, integrity, stewardship, excellence and collaboration\.
Located in sunny Tri\-Cities, WA, Kadlec is the largest non\-profit healthcare provider in the region\. Kadlec is the premier choice for customer service excellence, providing compassionate healthcare to the region by combining cutting\-edge technology and innovation with evidence\-based, patient\-focused care\. Kadlec is proud to be part of Planetree \(Planetree\.org\) and continues to be recognized nationally as a "Best in Class Employer"\. Kadlec does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Law\. EOE\.To learn more, click here: http://www\.kadlec\.org/careers/about\-kadlec
Job Category: Pharmacists
Req ID: 134761