The role of the clinical pharmacist at the University of Toledo Medical Center is to provide a consistently high level of clinical services at all times to ensure optimal comprehensive patient care for a specific patient population. They facilitate the implementation of policies, procedures, and staff development programs that promote desirable patient outcomes through the use of safe, cost-effective drug therapies. Clinical pharmacists precept, mentor, and educate students, residents, pharmacists, and other health care professionals. Their responsibilities also include, but are not limited to, core pharmacy services, assisting in the management of the pharmacy department, and coordinating daily clinical pharmacy services.
· Pharm.D. degree from an ACPE-accredited College of Pharmacy
· Formal clinical training is required through a PGY1 and/or PGY2 residency, fellowship, or 3 years of clinical practice.
· Registered to practice pharmacy in the State of Ohio or eligible for licensure
· BLS and ACLS Certification
· This position requires a flexible schedule due to operational needs of physicians (Med Rounds) and the department.
· Board certification in Pharmacotherapy or specialty within 2 years of hire.
· Meet ASHP preceptor qualifications within 12 months of hire.
Communication and other skills:
· Experience in providing written and oral drug information with excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Analyze data, interpret policies, procedures and regulations, develop appropriate conclusions, and prepare reports.
· Self-directed, motivated and capable of leading supportive personnel.
· Possess the ability to resolve conflicts and respond appropriately to complaints.
· Able to work well with the public and other health professionals.
· Able to train, evaluate and supervise professional and technical personnel and staff.
· Demonstrate and utilize effective interpersonal and culturally appropriate communications.
Internal Number: Req716
About The University of Toledo Medical Center
The University of Toledo is dedicated to improving the world through discovery, helping students succeed and patients heal. If you can advance our mission by pursuing your life’s purpose with a passion, we’d love to have you join our team!