ProMedica Toledo Hospital has an opportunity for a Transplant Clinical Pharmacy Specialist.
ProMedica Toledo Hospital is launching a transplant program and is need of a specialist to join the team.
Promotes rational and cost effective (age specific) drug therapy through the provision of clinical pharmacy services and pharmaceutical care. Provides leadership training and development for staff, residents, and students, which further enhances existing clinical services.
1. Develops a practice in an assigned specialty area and maintains recognizable expertise in the specialty practice area. Maintains professional competency by completing mandatory continuing education, participating in programs to upgrade clinical skills, and staying abreast of current medical literature specialty area.
2. Represents the pharmacy service as the interdisciplinary interface in the assigned specialty areas through multi-disciplinary committee involvement, interprofessional communications, and patient service delivery in the assigned specialty area.
3. Participates in the development of policies and procedures, practice standards and staff development in the assigned specialty area.
4. Provides expert consultation with other health care professionals in the evaluation of pharmaceutical care outcomes.
5. Provides training for pharmacists and precepts students and residents to provide skills and experiences in the assigned specialty practice area or services
6. Documents clinical outcomes and fiscal impact of services and prepares reports performance improvement, drug use evaluation studies, and adverse drug reaction reporting program with the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, patient care, and pharmacy departments.
7. Assists in the provision of education and training programs provided by the department including the professional staff development program, patient care in services program, patient education programs and lectures to other ancillary areas.
8. Assists in the coordination of formulary review, departmental quality assurance.
9. Participates in research, publishes articles, and gives presentations related to the specialty area when appropriate.
10. Exhibits leadership in the development of new pharmaceutical care services and development of drug-related treatment plans, assessment of drug therapy, outcomes and identification and resolution of drug-related problems.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have a PharmD and be licensed in the State of Ohio, or be licensure eligible. Must have completed a PGY1 residency with a minimum of 2 years experience in transplant or have completed a PGY2 Transplant residency.
About ProMedica Toledo Hospital
ProMedicaToledo Hospital is the largest acute-care facility in Northwest Ohio, serving a 27-county area in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. The 774-bed hospital is staffed by the area’s largest board-certified medical staff, comprised of over 1,100 primary care and specialty physicians. ProMedica Toledo Children's Hospital is a 151-bed hospital dedicated to serving the hospitalization needs of children and adolescents located on the same campus as ProMedica Toledo Hospital.