The Pharmacy Operations Manager is a corporate role responsible for ensuring that patients receive high quality, cost-effective products and services in support of the hospital's strategic plan, goals, and objectives. This position has responsibility for standardizing, streamlining, implementing and communicating processes, workflow, procedures, and policies in conjunction with the Directors of Pharmacy to ensure pharmacy team compliance. This position has responsibility for creating a safe and effective medication use system with exceptional customer service through modeling, coaching, and direct oversight of the pharmacy team. This role collaborates frequently with the Pharmacy Automation Manager to optimize pharmacy automation and technology systems. The Pharmacy Operations Manager serves as the direct supervisor for inpatient pharmacy technicians corporately.
Truman Medical Centers is a 600-bed, non-for-profit health system. Comprised of two campuses, Truman Medical Centers is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in the Jackson County / Kansas City metro area. Truman Medical Centers also serves as the primary teaching institution for the University of Missouri – Kansas City (UMKC) Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry, and Pharmacy.
Truman Medical Centers Heath Sciences District is located in downtown Kansas City, Missouri. The Health Sciences District represents a robust academic community, leading the forefront of biomedical research and entrepreneurship, employing cutting edge and award-winning technology, and delivering state-of-the-art evidence-based health care, with outstanding service excellence. Partnered with UMKC and Children’s Mercy Hospital, Truman Medical Centers serves as the cornerstone in educating the next generation of healthcare practitioners. Specializing in Emergency Medicine, Critical Care, with a fully-integrated Cath Lab, Truman Medical Centers is delivering the highest quality medical care for our patients with compassion, empathy, and unparalleled dedication to service.
Truman Medical Centers Lakewood is located between Kansas City and Lee’s Summit, Missouri, offering residents of Eastern Jackson County access to a modern community hospital with a continuum of outpatient services designed to meet the needs of families. Truman Medical Centers Lakewood specializes in high-risk maternal and child care, and serves as one of the few Kansas City metro area institutions accredited by The Joint Commission in Orthopedics and Palliative Care.
1. Pharmacy Degree (Bachelor’s or Doctor of Pharmacy)
2. Missouri Board of Pharmacy pharmacist license with Medication Therapy Services (MTS) designation in good standing.
3. Completion of TMC Medical Staff Credentialing and Privileging process.
4. Three years as a hospital pharmacist, or equivalent experience
Required Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Ability to exhibit time management and organizational skills by working effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines, high volumes and multiple interruptions.
2. Verbal communication skills required to communicate with staff and other professionals
3. Written communication skills required to complete reports and provide direction to staff and outside departments.
4. Ability to direct the activities of others.
1. Doctor of Pharmacy degree
2. Advanced degree in health care management, such as an MS, MHA, or MBA.
3. Completion of an ASHP-Accredited PGY1 Residency
4. Completion of an ASHP-Accredited PGY2 Residency
5. Board certification through the Board of Pharmacy Specialties
6. Ability to direct and manage a pharmacy residency (e.g. previous involvement as a preceptor in an ASHP-accredited residency program, management experience, previous experience as a course coordinator).
Internal Number: 15461-124
About Truman Medical Centers
Truman Medical Center (TMC) Hospital Hill is the primary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, and Pharmacy located in downtown Kansas City, Missouri (KCMO). TMC has three intensive care units totaling 31-beds that care for critically ill surgical, cardiac, and medical patients managed by board certified pulmonary/critical care intensivists using a multidisciplinary approach. TMC’s Trauma Center is one of three adult Level I Trauma Centers in KCMO and is part of a statewide trauma system. The Emergency Department (ED) provides care for approximately 69,000 patients per year in a 52-bed unit, (including three trauma rooms).