Provides accurate, safe, and cost effective drug distribution and specialized clinical services through supervised efforts of supportive staff to patients of the specialty area. Upon successful completion, incumbents will transition from a generalist to a specialized practitioner focused on the care of patients in their specialty.
1. Provides clinical and distributive pharmacy services as a pharmacist consistent with departmental policy and procedure for applicable specialty service area(s).
2. Participates in educational activities such as pharmacy student case conferences, physician journal club, staff development, and other inter-disciplinary programs. Functions as a pharmacy representative on various inter-disciplinary committees.
3. Develops the ability and confidence to independently practice in all clinical settings in specialty practice by providing quality patient care, directly interacting with physicians, nurses and other healthcare workers.
4. Develops and completes residency research project, presenting research at ASHP Mid-year Clinical Meeting, Florida Residency Conference, and Specialty conferences. Practices personal and professional responsibility and communication skills to patients, other healthcare practitioners, and others.
5. Acts as a preceptor in training pharmacy students and PGY-1 residents completing clinical clerkships. Works in concert with the Residency Site Coordinator to enhance the residency experience for future residents.
6. Meets with preceptor as needed to evaluate progress of goals, rotation expectations, and performance evaluations.
Required Work Experience: Continuing education is required to maintain pharmacist licensure.
Pharmacy Intern License
About Memorial Healthcare System
#teamMHSflorida is an award-winning group of nearly 14,000 friends and colleagues at one of the largest public health systems in the nation. We’re centrally located in South Broward County - between beautiful Fort Lauderdale and Miami - with six acute hospitals, including a freestanding children's hospital. Working with us means having a voice in patient- and family-centered care, sharing in our bold and confident vision, and finding a powerful new home for your career.Join us in our mission as an award-winning, community-based system with locations throughout South Florida.