JOB SUMMARY: Pharmacy Manager provides direction and coordination of all activities of an assigned area in the Department of Pharmacy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Performs all pharmaceutical care and drug distribution duties required of Clinical Staff Pharmacist and Senior Clinical Staff Pharmacist.
• Supervises and manages the operation of the assigned pharmacy areas, including inventory control, controlled substances record keeping, and maintenance of drug information reference materials.
• Supervises, manages, orients, trains, and evaluates all assigned professional and supportive personnel.
• Addresses quality improvement opportunities while participating in various hospital patient care committees.
• Develops and maintains departmental policies and procedures. • Ensures completion of monthly unit/clinic audits.
• Prepares personnel work schedules and ensures adequate staffing when absences occur.
• Interviews/hires job applicants for vacant positions.
• Develops proposals for new pharmaceutical care services.
• Prepares work measurement reports and makes budget recommendations to the Director.
• Identifies appropriate internal controls for department; provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
MARGINAL OR PERIODIC JOB FUNCTIONS: Performs related duties as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: Doctor of Pharmacy or Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy from an accredited school of pharmacy and current license to practice pharmacy in the state of Texas. Five (5) years of related experience required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: ACPE approved IV (sterile products) certification
OTHER: Must pass UTMB and TDCJ security clearance.
Specific job requirements or physical location of some positions allocated to this classification, may render this position security sensitive, and thereby subject to the provisions of Section 51.215, Texas Education Code.
About UTMB Health
UTMB Health is an academic medical center located in Galveson, Texas.