The Director, Pharmacy develops and influences the strategy, growth, operational oversight, clinical efficacy, appropriate drug utilization, and financial results of the ThedaCare pharmacy department. Directs the work of pharmacy operations, including comprehensive pharmaceutical care in all settings, clinical and distributive functions, research programs, system formulary, drug use evaluation, and quality assurance committee activities. Provides leadership for medication management including the facilitation of relationships among pharmacy, the medical staff, and nursing. Leads in all ThedaCare pharmacy settings including inpatient, outpatient, ACO/CIN, and ambulatory settings.
1. Provides strategic planning, program development, labor management, and overall operational administration of the department.
2. Effectively directs team members in a manner consistent with ThedaCare policies and values. Ensures the recruitment and retention of competent team members to meet the needs of the business operations of the department.
3. Oversees and ensures accuracy of time and attendance and payroll practices.
4. Directs pharmacy department activity with emphasis on medication safety, quality of care, accessibility, financial impact, and regulatory compliance.
5. Ensures accurate charge capture with daily reconciliation to inventory used and administered.
6. Directs pharmacy safety management system and works collaboratively with other departments/physicians to identify process failures.
7. Leads the medical staff leadership as well as other clinical providers of the pharmacy and therapeutics committee of ThedaCare.
8. Partners with purchasing and GPO to ensure pharmaceutical costs and contracts meet organizational needs.
9. Develops initiatives to identify, track, and monitor pharmaceutical utilization and opportunities for cost savings, trend management, and/or quality improvement.
10. Directs medication deliveries in conjunction with pharmacy operations manager for the department. Maintains an orderly workflow for all medication dispensing activities throughout ThedaCare. Ensures timely deliveries of all medications.
11. Develops policies and procedures relating to pharmacy department and to distribution and administration of drugs throughout the system. Maintains and updates drug formularies within ThedaCare.
12. Evaluates and justifies purchases of equipment and supplies. Negotiates and documents maintenance schedules. Plans for use of space, purchasing new equipment, etc., and reviews plans annually. Submits capital expenditure requests and justification by deadline.
13. Ensures compliance with federal and state law and accrediting and licensing agencies as appropriate to department.
• Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE accredited school of pharmacy
• Eight years of progressive responsibility in healthcare leadership
• Five years of leadership experience to include leading teams and/or projects
• State of Wisconsin pharmacist license
Internal Number: 20-03178
ThedaCare is a non-profit, community owned healthcare system. ThedaCare is the largest employer in Northeast Wisconsin serving 235,000 patients annually in 9 counties with 6,800 healthcare professionals. Through our 100-year history ThedaCare has woven itself into the very fabric of the communities we serve. For our employees, ThedaCare offers an environment that not only welcomes but also encourages innovative thinking and fresh approaches to today's healthcare challenges.