The PGY2 Critical Care Residency at Prisma Health - Upstate is a one-year program designed to train pharmacists to practice pharmaceutical care at the highest level of competency within a critical care setting. Residents will gain expertise through direct patient care in various critical care environments, primary literature evaluation and application, participation in educational programs, research and publication opportunities, and student preceptorship.
Our faculty is committed to the resident’s continuous personal and professional growth, tailoring training experiences to the resident’s needs. Upon completion of the program, the resident will have the skill set necessary to be a leader in critical care as a clinical pharmacy specialist or affiliate clinical pharmacy faculty of a College of Pharmacy.
• Medicine / Pulmonary Intensive Care
• Surgery / Trauma Intensive Care
• Cardiovascular Intensive Care
• Neuro-critical Care
• Pediatric Intensive Care or Neonatal Intensive Care
• Infectious Disease or Antimicrobial Stewardship
• Clinical On-Call / Pharmacokinetics Services
• Clinical Research
• Emergency Medicine
• Pain Management
• Peds Hematology / Oncology
• Adult Oncology / Bone Marrow Transplant
• Others based on resident interest, including repeating a previous rotation but with a different emphasis
Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accredited degree program
Licensed or eligible to apply for a license to practice pharmacy in the state of South Carolina
Participation in the ASHP Residency Matching Program (“The Match”)
A copy of transcripts:
Undergraduate or non-pharmacy transcripts are not required.
Only pharmacy school-related coursework must be submitted.
Three professional references using the Standardized Reference Template in the Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS)
Copy of curriculum vitae
Letter of intent describing reasons for seeking residency
Completed application submitted in PhORCAS on or before deadline December 31, 2020