Pediatric Stem Cell Transplant-Heme/Onc Pharmacy Specialist
Come join our team as the new pediatric HSCT/oncology clinical pharmacist! We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced pharmacist to join us in expanding clinical pharmacy services with a newly created position.
Methodist Children’s Hospital is a 230-bed hospital in San Antonio, Texas and home to a continuously growing pediatric oncology, stem cell transplant, and CAR T-cell program. We are the largest pediatric HSCT program in the region, a member of COG, and supported by the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network, which provides resources ranging from access to disease state management pathways to research aid and clinical trials.
The Pediatric HSCT Pharmacy Specialist is responsible for participating and leading clinical and operational pharmacy programs. The primary focus of the position will be providing exceptional care for inpatient pediatric HSCT patients, however work with general pediatric oncology and activity in the ambulatory clinic is expected as needed. General functions of this full-time position include:
- Interdisciplinary rounding with the pediatric HSCT team
- Monitoring patient medication regimens and providing appropriate interventions
- Navigating pediatric protocols including investigational therapies
- Overseeing transitions of pharmacy care between the inpatient & outpatient settings, including medication reconciliations and providing patient education for chemotherapy
- Mentoring pharmacy staff, precepting students/residents, and providing education to the multidisciplinary team
- Involvement in pertinent hospital committees & subcommittees
If interested, please submit your application today: www.joinmethodist.com.
Keyword search: 02531-107062