The Clinical Hematology/Oncology Pharmacist Specialist will serve as a departmental resource and liaison to physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other hospital personnel. This individual will also serve as a therapeutic leader, with clinical expertise for the appropriate use of Hematology/Oncology medications. The Clinical Hematology/Oncology Pharmacist Specialist will work with Pharmacy Leadership to enhance pharmaceutical services throughout the Nuvance Health Network.
• Works collaboratively with multidisciplinary team for service line/area of scope.
• Serves as member of the Oncology Pharmacy and Therapeutics (P&T) committee and relevant subcommittee and prepares and presents drug monographs to the committee(s) for formulary consideration. Prepares and presents medication use evaluations, treatment protocols, electronic medical record (EMR) order sets (as appropriate) to this committee. Serves as co-chair of relevant subcommittee, and collaborates with chair to determine agenda, and prepares and distributes to members.
• Participates in administrative, quality assurance, performance improvement and research activities of the department. Participation in local, state and national pharmacy organizations and/or programs related to pharmacy practice is encouraged.
• Collaborates with Manager/Director to provide standardized orientation and training for new and current staff, including designing and implementing training.
• Collaborates with Manager/Director to provide drug information and educational programs to the medical and nursing staffs, other health care practitioners and pharmacy staff.
• Assists Manager/Director in managing medication shortages pertinent to specialty area, and evaluates medication event reports pertinent to specialty area.
• Acts as a liaison between Investigation Drug Service (IDS) staff and staff pharmacist to ensure appropriate execution of clinical trials.
• Collaborates with other Pharmacy Directors and supervisors as necessary regarding initiatives impacting specialty area, including cost saving initiatives.
• Develops and documents specific clinical performance and quality improvement activities. This includes developing and applying medication use policies, chemotherapy education, oral chemotherapy follow up appointments, and other needs as determined by the clinic team.
• Serve as preceptor for pharmacy students and pharmacy residents.
Graduate of an accredited College of Pharmacy with a PharmD. Degree or BS Pharmacy with 5 years of relevant work experience.
Licensure by the state of Connecticut to practice pharmacy.
PGY2 pharmacy residency or fellowship in Oncology, preferred
Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist (BCOP) from the Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties, preferred
Current BLS (CPR) certification, required
Internal Number: 3358
About Nuvance Health (affiliation with Memorial Sloan Kettering)
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Through a pioneering collaboration with the world-renowned Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK), Norwalk Hospital’s C. Anthony and Jean Whittingham Cancer Center is taking its respected cancer program to an even higher level. Now, Memorial Sloan Kettering medical and radiation oncologists are onsite at Norwalk Hospital – leading and delivering team-based care alongside Norwalk Hospital’s own cancer experts. It’s a powerful collaboration that offers both advanced science and highly personalized care. And, for patients, that adds up to more than a fighting chance.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hos...pital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practice locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, please visit our website.