A position in a Banner Health pharmacy is one you can look forward to. Join an engaging environment of full service, high technology and experience a wide variety of responsibilities. You'll also see how important a pharmacy job is to our ability to make life easier for our patients. Come enjoy great challenges and build both your knowledge of the field and your analytical skills.
Banner Estrella Medical Center focuses on patient safety by creating an open and just and learning environment by using culture principles that align with our Mission, Vision, Values and Core Behaviors. While proactively managing risks and behavioral choices while ensuring accountability, designing safe systems, responding in a fair and consistent manner to adverse events and the people who are involved in them, learning through transparent dialogue about risks and safety expectations.
Are you self-motivated and passionate about providing an excellent experience for associate while providing the best care possible to our patients? With our fast growing campus our Pharmacy department has added over 13 new tech functions across all shifts in the past two years. We promote and encourage personal career growth through educational opportunities and stretch projects. We are looking for someone that is a great communicator, detail oriented, a self-starter and able to problem solve through critical thinking. This position will support our technician team and patients. The hours are Monday through Friday with flexible hours depending on business needs. This position will require a rotating on call schedule for weekends and holidays.
Banner Estrella Medical Center is a 305-bed acute care hospital providing a full range of health care services to the fast growing communities of west Phoenix. Opened in 2005, this is an innovative, fully electronic facility that features electronic medical records, computerized physician order entry, digital radiography, sophisticated ICU monitoring and much more. In fact, we've been named one of the "ten most innovative hospitals in the country" by Newsweek Magazine and are recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. The hospital is also designed to provide a soothing, healing atmosphere for both patients and their family members. We encourage the use of such therapies as pet therapy, aromatherapy, spiritual care and Reiki Therapy.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for leading and overseeing the technical and supportive personnel of the Department of Pharmacy Services. Ensures the functions of the technical and supportive personnel are consistent with policy and procedures. Assist in planning, directing, monitoring and evaluating the provision of distributive pharmacy services to all patient care areas.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides leadership and direction to Pharmacy Technician Staff, volunteers and technician externs. Promotes positive customer relations, fosters a team environment within the department and actively contributes to a supportive work environment.
2. Organizes and coordinates daily activities of the Pharmacy Technician Staff, volunteers and technician externs. Schedules Pharmacy Technicians on a routine basis to assure adequate and consistent service. Determines and assesses workflow of the pharmacy department and makes adjustments as needed. Participates in the duties of the Pharmacy Technician when workload dictates.
3. Manages people resources by recruiting, selecting, hiring, orienting, training qualified candidates. Participates in performance recognition in consultation with other members of the Pharmacy management group. Evaluates staff performance in an accurate, consistent, objective and timely manner. Communicates personnel issues to other members of the Pharmacy management group.
4. Coordinates and maintains activities associated with Automated Dispensing Machines. Ensures reports are run and quality assurance activities are completed in a timely manner. Orders and coordinates (or assist with these activities) installation of new Automated dispensing Machines and software as needed and approved. Resolves issues related to Automated dispensing machine users and inventory control.
5. Applies the principles of performance improvement consistent with the job expectations. Assists in Quality Improvement activities, Medication Utilization Evaluations and the development of Policies and Procedures. Coordinates technician meetings, participates in in-service programs, committees and other functions as appropriate.
6. Assumes or delegates the duties of the Pharmacy Supply Coordinator in facilities that do not have an individual in this position. These duties include but are not limited to, inventory control, order submission, inter-departmental billing functions, recalls, return of expired medications and working with vendor representatives.
7. Oversees all aspects of medication use, including (1) selection, procurement and storage, (2) dispensing, (3) monitoring of all medications utilized. Internal customers may include Patients, Nurses, Licensed Independent Practitioners, Nursing Directors, Department Directors, Administrators and other health care team members for the purpose of integrating services, improving patient care and ensuring effective communication systems. External customers may include local, state, and national pharmacy organizations, Joint Commission, state Board of Pharmacy, colleagues and peers, educational institutions and pharmaceutical representatives.
Requires (or eligible for) pharmacy technician licensure in the state of practice (where applicable) and/or technician certification.
Must possess good organizational, problem solving and computer skills. Must possess training in compounding intravenous medications and sterile products preparation. Must have good written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with all levels of staff, physicians, patients and other contacts.
Must have knowledge of computer software, particularly medication management information system software, Microsoft applications and Automated dispensing system.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Three years experience as a Pharmacy Technician in hospital pharmacy practice. Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R22066
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.