To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Provide comprehensive pharmaceutical care services to patients via collaboration with prescribing physicians and patients, ensuring safety remains a top priority.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Interprets medication orders and accurately transcribes them into the electronic medical record. Builds care plans as needed.
2. Monitors drug therapy regimens to evaluate drug selection and dosing, and makes recommendations for therapy alterations as needed.
3. Directs and supervises pharmacy technician(s).
4. Provides education to patients and families related to their pharmaceutical care.
5. Monitors and oversees inventory system.
6. Compounds and dispenses pharmaceuticals, including sterile and chemotherapeutic products, as needed in absence of pharmacy technician.
7. Detects and reports adverse drug reactions and medication errors according to the approved method and in alignment with Vail Health’s Just Culture.
8. In the absence of an on-site Pharmacy Manager, ensures that day to day operations of the pharmacy are in compliance with the Colorado State Board of Pharmacy rules and regulations, as well as regulations of The Joint Commission and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
9. Assists the Clinical Nurse Manager with projects and committee work, as assigned.
10. Promotes an atmosphere of warmth, compassion, and understanding while demonstrating empathy and the ability to relate to families in crisis.
11. Role models the principles of a Just Culture and models Vail Health Values at all times.
12. Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant
Benefits Summary: This position offers a robust benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with up to 5% retirement deferral match, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, student load assistance, childcare assistance, life and disability insurance, employee assistance program, annual bonus potential, amongst others.
2 years of experience in the healthcare industry is required. Previous experience with a changing workload, schedule and priorities is preferred.
Vail Health is a nonprofit community health care system that serves patients and guests from around the world. Locally governed and operated by a volunteer board of directors, Vail Health includes a 56-bed hospital, along with numerous other services and access points, and is accredited by the Joint Commission. Vail Health is the only health care system in Colorado to have been named in “150 top places to work in healthcare | 2019” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Vail Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.