· Responsible for the operations of all pharmacy sites of Florida Hospital Heartland Division.
· Participates in required hospital meetings.
· Performs bi-annual inventories of controlled pharmaceuticals for three facilities.
· Prepares annual pharmacy budget for three facilities.
· Provides for necessary staff pharmacist coverage at all three facilities.
· Responsible for drug distribution, control, and accountability.
· Reviews medication misadventures from throughout the hospital and coordinates actions taken with Pharmacy/Nursing Committee.
· Effectively uses own time and ensure efficient use by supervised subordinates.
· Ensures confidentiality in accordance with hospital policy.
· Follows all hospital and department policies.
· Works cooperatively with all members of the work team.
· Ensures positive teamwork within department and between pharmacy and clinical departments.
· Performs annual inventory of controlled and non-controlled pharmaceuticals at three facilities.
· Member of Pharmacy and Therapeutic Committee.
· Is proficient with medication management systems and technologies.
· Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of accredited Pharmacy School
· 3 to 5 years of Hospital Pharmacy Experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Consultant Pharmacist License in State of Florida
· Pharmacy License in the State of Florida
The Pharmacy Director is responsible for the procurement, storage, preparation, dispensing, documentation, control, and development of usage guidelines for all drugs used within Florida Hospital Heartland Divison.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.