Utilize expert knowledge and training in oncology to safely and effectively develop protocols and treatment plans for cancer patients to improve outcomes in collaboration with physicians and other healthcare professionals. Round with interdisciplinary teams.
Develop educational tools and resources to educate patients, caregivers and other healthcare practitioners.
Completion of a post-graduate residency (1 or 2 years). First year focus on general clinical pharmacy practice and the second year a distinct focus on oncology therapy and disease state management. Completion of oncology specific training.
About Beaumont Hospital Royal Oak
Beaumont, Royal Oak opened on Jan. 24, 1955 as a 238-bed community hospital. Today, the hospital is a 1,131-bed major academic and referral center with Level I adult trauma and Level II pediatric trauma designation. Beaumont, Royal Oak has 44 residency and fellowship programs with 481 residents and fellows. Beaumont is the exclusive clinical partner of the Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine, with more than 1,400 Beaumont doctors on faculty.
Services include in part:
- Beaumont Cancer Institute,
- Proton Therapy Center for Adult and Pediatric Tumors
- Beaumont Children’s including 80 Pediatric Subspecialties and Board-Certified Pediatricians
- Emergency Care
- Newborn and Pediatric Intensive Care
- Cardiac Catheterization and Interventional Cardiology
- Women’s Health
- Beaumont Heart Center – Featuring the Ernst Cardiovascular Center and Max and Debra Ernst Heart Center with specialty clinics
- Beaumont Orthopedics
- Beaumont Cancer Institute
- Beaumont Surgical Services
- Beaumont Urology
- Beaumont Neuroscience –
- Digestive Health – specialized care including bariatric surgery and medically-supervised weight loss programs.
- Eye Institute