JOB SUMMARY: To provide leadership in the day to day operations of the inpatient pharmacy through hiring, training, developing and scheduling competent staff, developing efficient pharmacy operations and processes which provide excellence in patient care, patient safety and adhere to all regulatory rules, and to do so exercising to fiscal responsibility in terms of revenue generation and expenses. Mentor/Train pharmacists, pharmacy residents and interns, and pharmacy technicians; Coordinate/Oversee/Supervise the work performed by pharmacy staff to ensure that performance standards are maintained and that work is accurate and in accordance with state/federal regulations and organizational/departmental guidelines.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelors or PharmD in pharmacy + Registered with Texas State Board of Pharmacy; If licensure by reciprocity or if new pharmacy graduate, must obtain Texas license within the first 90 days of employment. ACPE IV Sterile Certification
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): 2 years total pharmacy experience preferred
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): 1-2 years, preferred
1. Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact) Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking) Languages: Writing /Composing (Correspondence/Reports)
2. Other Skills: Analytical, Design, Mathematics, Medical Terms, P.C., Research, Statistical, Word Proc
The Harris Health System is a fully integrated healthcare system that cares for all residents of Harris County, Texas. We are the first accredited healthcare institution in Harris County to be designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home, and are one of the largest systems in the country to achieve the quality standard. Our system includes 23 community health centers, five school-based clinics, a dental center and dialysis center, mobile health units, a rehabilitation and specialty hospital and two full-service hospitals.Ben Taub Hospital is a world renowned Level I Trauma Center with 586 licensed acute-care beds and provides a wide range of specialty care outpatient services. Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital is a 328 licensed bed acute-care hospital with a newly expanded Level III trauma center and a distinguished regional center for neonatal intensive care for high-risk deliveries.Harris Health is a teaching system for Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). We train the next generation of healthcare providers on the latest medical procedures and technological breakthroughs.With... our fully integrated electronic medical records system, we offer patients the convenience and assurance that their medical history is accurate, safe and available when and where it is needed. Our Medical Home designation ensures that we offer a full range of preventive, specialty and acute care services for the entire family.