YOU ARE REQUIRED TO UPLOAD RESUME, LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One for FT/PT positions
Paid Days Off from Day One for FT/PT positions
Student Loan Repayment Program for FT/PT positions
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule:PRN/ Per Diem
Location: AdventHealth Hinsdale
The role you’ll contribute:
Provides distributive pharmacy services and technical support for the Pharmacist. Performs activities or tasks in specialty pharmacy services.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Performs specialized duties such as hazardous drug compounding, medication history, nuclear, and Patient Assistance Program (PAP) as a pharmacy technician.
• Refills and maintains automated dispensing system. Prepares orders, maintains inventory, and repackages bulk medications. Receives and stores incoming supplies.
• Serves as a liaison between pharmacy, patient and health professionals by providing necessary information. Communicates with external resources such as retail pharmacies, provider officers, and data exchanges.
• Identifies and assists with patient medication access including, benefit investigation, prior authorization, and financial assistance.
• Assists Pharmacist in preparation of patient education materials.
• May give immunizations in accordance with state laws.
• May serve as pharmacist extender in situations such as Caregiver Model of the Future responsibilities. May monitor compliance with regulatory standards and be responsible for inventory and drug shortage management and optimization.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
• Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB). • Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the National Healthcareer Association.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.