MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 Americaâ��s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under general supervision of Pharmacy management and according to established policies and procedures, dispenses medications according to physician orders, monitors patient drug therapy, performs clinical functions per department guidelines, performs and documents therapeutic drug interventions as necessary, and provides drug information. Staff pharmacists supervise and direct supportive personnel.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reviews, interprets, and fills physician medication orders properly, assuring that drug therapy and dosing is safe and appropriate for patient diagnosis, age, weight, and clinical profile. Assures the pharmacy patient profile is accurate and complete with information necessary for evaluating safe and appropriate use of medications.
2. Accurately compounds and dispenses pharmaceuticals. Supervises technicians' workflow as necessary and ensure that all drug products processed by technicians are prepared accurately and under proper conditions. Assures adequate control and documentation of controlled substances following state and federal regulations.
3. Supports Pharmacy Department clinical functions, provides education to nursing staff, rounds with physicians where appropriate, acts as liaison pharmacist to specified units as directed. Follows Hospital's formulary guidelines when making recommendations to physicians. Documents clinical intervention per department policy.
4. Participates in ongoing QI programs, including monitoring and reporting of ADR's, medication errors, MUE studies. Participates in the development and implementation of policies and procedures that promote effective, appropriate, and safe drug use. Ensures compliance with Hospital policies and procedures that apply to pharmacy services.
5. Participates in the orientation, education, and training programs provided for the pharmacy staff. Performs other professional duties such as patient education, in services, and drug information.
6. Communicates with pharmacy management on matters requiring their attention.
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy. Licensed Pharmacist in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
2. Hospital pharmacy experience preferred. BS or Pharm D, residency and/or clinical experience preferred.
3. Strong organizational, clinical, and communication skills, with attention to details
1. Exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals. Required to follow proper OSHA safety standards and techniques.
2. Frequent standing, reaching, and walking during normal course of work activities. May require lifting of small loads.
3. Requires repetitive use of hands and fingers (eg. computer keyboards, IV preparation).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities associated with the job.
Primary Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Evening
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.