Pharmacy careers are better at Banner Health. We are committed to developing the careers of our team members. We care about you, your career today and your future. If you???re looking to leverage your abilities ??? apply today.????
As a 340b Pharmacy Technician Specialist with Banner Ironwood Medical Center, you will have the chance to work in a well-established 72-bed hospital serving the San Tan Valley area. Our 340b Specialist will be responsible for the 340b Drug Discount Program and the management of the split billing system to ensure ongoing compliance with the US Department of Health Services and Resources Administration (HRSA) and all state and federal regulations. This includes implementation, monitoring, analysis, troubleshooting and maintenance of the related computer software systems and databases. Our 340b specialist also serves as the liaison with all necessary affiliated departments and personnel to ensure compliance of the program.
We are currently looking for a full-time 340b Pharmacy Technician Specialist to join our team at Banner Ironwood Medical Center in Queen Creek, AZ! Our full-time 340b Pharmacy Technician Specialist will work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm. Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits.??
Banner Ironwood Medical Center is committed to meeting the ever-changing needs of the southeast communities of metropolitan Phoenix. Our first patient tower has 47 beds, including eight LDR rooms and can accommodate up to 86 beds when fully equipped. We also feature a full service emergency department, four surgical suites and medical imaging services. With our 80-acre campus, more than 500 beds and supporting health services could be built on our site. This means an exceptional opportunity for you to establish a career where the potential for growth is limitless.
POSITION SUMMARY This position functions in a support capacity for technology systems related to pharmacy procurement as it relates to the 340b Federal Drug Discount Program. This includes implementation, monitoring, analysis, troubleshooting and maintenance of the related computer software systems and databases. Serves as the liaison with all necessary affiliated departments and personnel to ensure compliance of the program. This position is responsible for the 340b Drug Discount Program and the management of the split billing system to ensure ongoing compliance with the US Department of Health Services and Resources Administration (HRSA) and all state and federal regulations.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides support in the maintenance and updating of technology systems related to the 340b program. Coordinate information gathering process, including file building and configuration to ensure data integrity and compliance.
2. Serves as a resource to physicians, hospital personnel, and pharmacy staff in interpreting department/hospital/system policies. Regarding 340b software systems, acts as a resource, and may provide training to pharmacy staff and related personnel ensuring all parties have appropriate understanding of the system.
3. Monitors and evaluates system activities to ensure systems run properly. Coordinates with Banner IT personnel and vendors for upgrades and maintenance, as needed. Identifies and resolves problems with the 340b system, as well as assists in the development and implementation of programs to improve and enhance capture rate (savings) and program compliance. This includes analyzing data reports and educating staff on research findings, as well as troubleshooting and resolving issues with existing system programs.
4. Interpret data, make recommendations and implement inventory changes in order to maintain safe, appropriate and compliant purchasing of pharmaceuticals. Assists in medication procurement process on an as needed basis. Requires updating and maintaining an active formulary crosswalk in the split billing software. This includes maintaining and integrating information from the pharmacy charge master system into the 340b split-billing system and maintaining system databases to reflect changes in drug formulary or product specifications.
5. Analyzes financial reports generated by the technology systems for the pharmacy department. Requires review and audit of hospital systems for medications administered in eligible locations and mixed use areas. This would include ensuring only 340B eligible outpatients receive 340b medications as well as analyzing and correcting diversion. Presents reports to management and assists with the resolution of issues identified.
6. Assumes the duties of the Acute Pharmacy Technician when needed and as appropriate. These duties may include, but not be limited to preparing, charging and crediting medications, restocking automated dispensing technology and compounding specialty medications and intravenous medications.
7. Participates in the following aspects of medication use: selection, procurement and storage, and distribution. Internal customers may include Patients, Nurses, Licensed Independent Practitioners, Nursing Directors, Department Directors, Administrators and other health care team members for the purpose of integrating services, improving patient care and ensuring effective communication systems. External customers may include local, state, and national pharmacy organizations, Joint commission, State Board of Pharmacy, colleagues and peers, educational institutions, pharmaceutical representatives, HRSA and independent 340b consultant.
Requires pharmacy technician licensure in the state of practice (where applicable).
Pharmacy technician certification required.
Must demonstrate one to two years experience performing in a pharmacy technician role. Must also have proven experience working with automated technology systems related to pharmacy purchasing. Must possess good organizational, problem solving and computer skills. Must possess training in compounding intravenous medications and sterile products preparation. Must demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills, problem solving, and conflict resolution of the pharmacy department.
Must have knowledge of computer software, particularly Microsoft Excel and related applications as well as medication management information system.
BSS Registry Team members and Travelers are not eligible to drive on behalf of Banner and are not required to possess a valid driver???s license or be eligible for coverage under the company???s auto insurance policy.
Prefer experience as a Pharmacy Buyer in hospital pharmacy practice. Intermediate or Advanced skill level with Microsoft Excel preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.