Innovation and highly trained staff. Our Pharmacy team members play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Join a nationally recognized leader that values excellence and begin making a difference in people???s lives. Apply today!
The Gilbert Banner Home Care team is currently looking for a Pharmacy technician to join our small, tight-knit family! Our Pharmacy Technicians perform a variety of tasks, rotating between ordering, inventory, mixing/compounding, and packing. A Pharmacy Technician license is required for this position; some IV experience and/or TPN compounding experience is also preferred.
Our Pharmacy Technician staff work full-time, 40 hours per week. This is a Monday-Friday position working 8 am - 5:30 pm, no on-call, weekends or major holidays required. Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits.
Ranked in the top 25 percent of all home care agencies in the United States, Banner Home Care is the largest nonprofit, free-standing home care agency in Arizona. We provide intermittent health care for patients of all ages in the comfort of their home. Our home care team is experienced, compassionate and professional, and the results prove that Banner Home Care measures better than the national and Arizona average in almost all Medicare Quality Compare patient satisfaction results. Banner Hospice have been providing comfort care for the past 10 years in the Phoenix Metro area. The goal is to support quality of life, honor the wishes of patients, maintain the dignity of the individual and support the family through their grieving process. Inpatient Home care is also available for respite care and symptom management. The Banner Hospice Team can provide comfort to the patient and family by alleviating symptoms, by providing meaningful help and by creating an environment to develop lasting final memories.
POSITION SUMMARY This position will work under the supervision of the pharmacist. Performs routine duties in packaging, distribution and record keeping of pharmaceutical supplies. Assists in preparing compounded and intravenous medications, total parenteral nutrition products, and chemotherapeutic agents. Consistently demonstrates an ability to assess a situation, consider alternatives, and choose the appropriate course of action. May educate, train, and oversee the activities of the Pharmacy Technician, Technician Externs and Volunteers. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Selects and/or prepares medications, under direct supervision, as indicated on the patient medication orders. Places medications in designated area for pharmacist to check, sends/delivers medications as required. May investigate missing medication requests.
2. Charges/credits patients for medications and intravenous solutions as appropriate. Restocks unused returned medications. May also prepare the daily bank deposit and financial reports, maintain databases and troubleshoot automated technology malfunctions.
3. Attends to customers and answers telephones in a courteous and timely manner. Serves as a liaison between the customer and the pharmacist. May also take requests for prescription refills and obtain necessary authorizations.
4. Identifies medications and other items for reorder as necessary to maintain a continuous inventory of medications and supplies. Receives, checks-in, and restocks medications ordered through wholesaler and other vendors. Assesses practical ways to deal with shorted items and short-dated or unusable items.
5. Assists in preparing and labeling of intravenous medications including total parenteral nutrition products and chemotherapeutic agents using proper sterile and aseptic technique. May perform quality control activities such as monthly nursing unit inspections and pharmacy section checks in a timely manner. Completes documentation on refrigerator temperatures, intravenous hood cleaning, and equipment maintenance activities as required.
6. Under the supervision of a pharmacist may assist with documentation, tracking reports, IV pump maintenance, medication delivery and documentation collection per current compliance standards.
7. Participates in the following aspects of medication use: selection, procurement and storage, and dispensing. Internal customers may include Patients, Nurses, Licensed Independent Practitioners, Nursing Directors, Department Directors, Administrators and other health care team members for the purpose of integrating services, improving patient care and ensuring effective communication systems. External customers may include local, state, and national pharmacy organizations, Joint commission, state Board of Pharmacy, colleagues and peers, educational institutions and pharmaceutical representatives.
Requires pharmacy technician licensure (where applicable) and active pharmacy technician certification OR Pharmacy Intern licensure in the state of practice. May be required to possess a valid driver???s license and be eligible for coverage under the company???s auto insurance policy.
Must possess good organizational, problem solving and computer skills. Must have good written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with all levels of staff, physicians, patients and other contacts.
Pharmacy technician experience. Knowledge of medication management information system software and automated dispensing systems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.