The Pharmacy Technician shall provide assistance to the pharmacist while under direct supervision. Responsibilities include filling Pyxis machines, unit dose carts, floorstock requests, new orders from labels generated and crash cart trays; admitting, transferring and discharging patient drugs and IVs; keying patient charges; delivering drugs and supplies; prepackaging unit dose drugs; managing drug and supply inventory; clerical duties; IV preparation.
· Computer skills beneficial.
· One year experience preferred. Hospital experience desired.
Licenses, Registrations or Certifications
· Pharmacy Tech I: No certification. Permit by the Louisiana Board of Pharmacy.
· Pharmacy Tech II: Certified by the Louisiana Board of Pharmacy in good standing.
· Pharmacy Tech III: Certified by the Louisiana Board of Pharmacy in good standing & IV Competent
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.