Pharmacy careers are better at Banner Health. We are committed to developing the careers of our team members. We care about you, your career today and your future. If you???re looking to leverage your abilities ??? apply today.??
Enjoy great challenges and build your knowledge in Oncology in beautiful Tucson, Arizona!?? The University of Arizona Cancer Center (UACC) is a Center of Excellence. ??As a National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center,??there is a strong focus on research, with the overall mission to prevent and cure cancer.?? On the forefront of prevention, treatment, and research, our oncology services provide optimal and innovative clinical care for patients confronted with all types of cancers. From detection and diagnosis to treatment and bedside care, we work to make our patients??? lives better, empowering them to become cancer survivors.?? With Clinical Scientists involved in over 200 clinical trials, The University of Arizona Cancer Center encompasses three established scientific Research Programs that work together to accomplish the Center???s mission to prevent and cure cancer: Cancer Biology, Cancer Prevention and Control, and Clinical and Translational Oncology. This enables the investigation of a broad spectrum of new diagnostic, prevention, and treatment strategies.
As a Part-Time Senior Acute Pharmacy Technician you will become part of an elite professional group of technicians.?? You will develop a high level of expertise and work alongside a high functioning team to provide first class service to our patients.?? We work in unison with outstanding pharmacists and a very dedicated nursing staff.??Your responsibilities will include compounding procedures, IV preparation, ordering and putting away medications, evaluating inventory needs, daily interaction with pharmacist staff, as well as nursing.?? You will take responsibility to ensure that the IV room work areas are operating as needed to meet the need of patient care.?? We are looking for candidates who are self-motivated, seeking opportunities to learn and grow in our unique pharmacy setting.?? This is a part-time day shift opportunity working 20 hours a week within the hours of 7:00am-5:30pm Monday-Friday and 7am-1pm on Saturday.?? The Saturday rotation is on average once every seven weeks.?? The schedule will be 2, 10 hour shifts or 2, 8 hour shifts and 1, 4 hour shift.??Schedule subject to change based on business needs.?? Join us to be a part of this amazing team - apply today!
University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located on the campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
POSITION SUMMARY This position will work under the supervision of the pharmacist performing routine duties in packaging, distribution, non-sterile compounding, and record-keeping of pharmaceutical supplies. Serves as a liaison between the customer and the pharmacist. Effectively uses pharmacy computer systems to investigate and respond to missing medication requests. Consistently demonstrates an ability to assess a situation, consider alternatives, and choose the appropriate course of action. Demonstrates proficiency in preparing compounded intravenous medications, total parenteral nutrition products, and chemotherapeutic agents within compliance with USP <797>/<800>. Ensures that the sterile compounding environment and all equipment are cleaned and maintained according to policy. May educate and train peer Pharmacy Technicians, Technician Externs, Technician Trainees, and Volunteers.?? Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1.??Identifies medications and other items for reorder as necessary to maintain a continuous inventory of medications and supplies. Receives, checks-in, and restocks medications ordered through the wholesaler and other vendors verifying all quantities against invoices. Assesses practical ways to deal with shorted items and short-dated or unusable items.
2.??Manages users within the automated dispensing technology database as per policy. Investigates discrepancies and troubleshoots malfunctions in automated dispensing technology. ??
3.??Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills and is customer service oriented in all contacts with patients, visitors and staff. Responds to standard requests from internal customers. Interacts primarily with department personnel, cross-department personnel, internal customers, patients and physicians. ??
4. May use automated dispensing technology or requisition to restock medications to nursing and ancillary areas after checking by a pharmacist. When allowed by law and policy, and upon completion of proper training/competency assessment, may restock automated dispensing technology using barcode scanning verification devices. Restocks medications to all areas outside automated dispensing technology which may include but not limited to trays, code carts and emergency boxes. ??
5. Compounds non-sterile medication products. Understands and appropriately follows all product worksheets/recipes for documentation and check processes. Understands and adheres to all applicable USP compounding guidelines. Demonstrates knowledge of and consistently performs calibrations of equipment and accurately measures components for compounding. Repackages bulk medications into unit of use packaging. Completes accurate documentation of medications compounded and repackaged per policy. ??
6. Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with all policies, laws, and regulations. Performs quality control activities such as monthly nursing unit inspections and pharmacy section checks in a timely manner. Completes documentation of refrigerator temperatures, and equipment maintenance activities as required.
7. Ensures the proper use of garbing and compounding techniques in accordance with policies and has knowledge of basic principles within USP <797> and USP<800>, laws, policies, and procedures that pertain to compounding. Performs compounding and labeling of intravenous compounds and hazardous agents to include chemotherapy using proper sterile and aseptic technique as appropriate to the site of care. Understands the different product lines in sterile compounding (patient specific and non-patient specific batch) and the differences between the various populations (Adult, Pediatric, Neonate). Completes all required environmental cleaning procedures. Documents all required tasks and other information per policy. Understands the safe handling of hazardous drugs and demonstrated the correct receipt, storage, labelling and transport process. ??
8. Handles narcotic medications following all federal and legal requirements as set through policy and procedure. Understands all regulatory requirements for receiving, compounding, repackaging, and distribution for controlled substances. Consistently adheres to all storage and inventory movement documentation requirements for controlled substances.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Completion of a Pharmacy Technician Certification Program.
Requires Pharmacy Technician licensure and active Pharmacy Technician certification OR Pharmacy Intern licensure in the state of practice.
Minimum of two years pharmacy technician experience. Ability to complete moderate to difficult mathematical calculations using a hand-held calculator is required. Strong customer service focus, exceptional communication skills, strong attention to detail, prioritization capabilities, superior problem-solving skills, and ability to multi-task. Must have knowledge of computer software, particularly medication management information system software, Microsoft applications and automated dispensing systems. Must demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills for interfacing with all levels of staff, physicians, patients, and other contacts.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson or BUMC-P Whole Health Counseling must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
BSS Registry Team members and Travelers are not eligible to drive on behalf of Banner and are not required to possess a valid driver???s license or be eligible for coverage under the company???s auto insurance policy.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.