MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 Americaâ��s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under general supervision of a licensed pharmacist or pharmacy management and according to established policies and procedures, performs principal duties and responsibilities of pharmacy technician I and additional duties as specified. Supports the pharmacists in meeting the pharmaceutical needs of patients.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Independently performs all principal duties and responsibilities of a pharmacy technician I.
a. Fill new medication orders based on labels generated by a pharmacist. Prepare medications and unit of use doses (unit-dose) as necessary. Prepare solutions, ointments, and other compounds as needed. Delivers medications to appropriate areas in a timely manner and prioritizes workflow efficiently.
b. Maintains medication stock in pharmacy and patient care areas. Fills and exchanges medications for code carts and emergency medication boxes/kits. Maintain a neat and clean environment in all medication storage and preparation areas.
c. Performs and documents assigned monthly unit inspections, including checking of code carts and emergency medication boxes/kits.
d. Assists in the inventory control, including maintaining adequate and proper inventory, ordering, storage, and receiving of medications and supplies.
e. Communicates effectively with nursing, physicians, and ancillary services to meet the needs of these departments.
f. Communicates to pharmacists and/or pharmacy management on matters requiring their attention.
g. Maintains all required records and documents.
2. Prepares and handles sterile medications according to the standards of USP <797> and USP <800>
3. Performs and completes other duties and projects as specified by pharmacy management
4. Identifies opportunities for improvement in work processes and actively contributes to the implementation of improved efforts
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. High School diploma or equivalent. Basic mathematical skills. Attention to detail. Ability to handle and efficiently prioritize high work volume and multiple tasks.
2. Preferred 1 year of hospital pharmacy experience with sterile compounding experience required.
3. Must be willing to get certified by the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
4. Licensed Pharmacy Technician in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (willing to train candidates interested in becoming technician trainee)
Job: Pharmacy Tech
Primary Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.