Innovation and highly trained staff. Our Pharmacy team members play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Join a nationally recognized leader that values excellence and begin making a difference in people???s lives. Apply today!
Banner Gateway Medical Center pharmacy provides both clinical and distributive pharmacy services across all service lines of the hospital.?? BGMC Pharmacy department utilizes a variety of advanced pharmacy systems. This campus is known for having a positive campus culture, while being very patient-focused. BGMC offers many career opportunities for Pharmacy Technicians. Technicians have the opportunity to become proficient in managing Pyxis dispensing cabinets, Pyxis Pharmogistics, and sterile product compounding (including chemotherapy). You will have the opportunity to make a difference in the life of others, in addition to growing as a Pharmacy technician.??
We are looking for a full-time Acute Pharmacy Technician to join our Banner Gateway Medical Center team. This is an M-F Evening position, working 40 hours per week, 2pm-10:30pm, with every other weekend and rotating holidays required. This is also a hospital pharmacy technician role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable. Recruiter to provide details of the sign-on bonus during the interview process. Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits.??
Experience innovative technology and exceptional opportunities for growth and development at Banner Health's state-of-the-art hospital Banner Gateway Medical Center. With comprehensive electronic medical records, physician order entry, digital radiography and proprietary advanced patient monitoring, Banner Gateway provides you with the innovative resources you need to provide your patients with the best care possible. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet??? recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Located near Phoenix in Gilbert, Ariz., Banner Gateway Medical Center offers 176 private rooms, eight operating suites, a 37-bed emergency department and shares a campus with the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. Key specialties include oncology, obstetrics, bariatric surgery, emergency and other services that focus on meeting the changing needs of the dynamic and growing community we serve. About Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center Located in Gilbert, Ariz. (the Phoenix Metro area) on the Banner Gateway Campus, the center provides world-class care for oncology patients - both inpatient and outpatient - and has also brought leading oncology programs to the Banner Gateway campus including Stem Cell Transplantation and comprehensive Head & Neck cancer care. Our capabilities include five linear accelerator vaults, a brachytherapy vault, an advanced diagnostic imaging suite with PET/CT scan, more than 50 infusion bays, a cryopreservation lab and much more. Our inpatient medical oncology unit also incorporates a program that utilizes the electronic surveillance partnership in caring for the patient, where remote nurses have the ability to interact with patients via two way audio-video to assist the bedside nurse with patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position will work under the supervision of the pharmacist performing routine duties in packaging, distribution, non-sterile compounding, and record-keeping of pharmaceutical supplies. Serves as a liaison between the customer and the pharmacist. Becomes proficient in preparing compounded intravenous medications, total parenteral nutrition products, and chemotherapeutic agents within compliance with USP regulations. Effectively uses pharmacy computer systems to investigate and respond to missing medication requests. Consistently demonstrates an ability to assess a situation, consider alternatives, and choose the appropriate course of action. May educate and train peer Pharmacy Technicians, Technician Externs, Technician Trainees, and volunteers.?? Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1.??Identifies medications and other items for reorder as necessary to maintain a continuous inventory of medications and supplies. Receives, checks-in, and restocks medications ordered through the wholesaler and other vendors verifying all quantities against invoices. Assesses practical ways to deal with shorted items and short-dated or unusable items.
2.??Manages users within the automated dispensing technology database as per policy. Investigates discrepancies and troubleshoots malfunctions in automated dispensing technology. ??
3.??Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills and is customer service oriented in all contacts with patients, visitors and staff. Responds to standard requests from internal customers. Interacts primarily with department personnel, cross-department personnel, internal customers, patients and physicians. ??
4. May use automated dispensing technology or requisition to restock medications to nursing and ancillary areas after checking by a pharmacist. When allowed by law and policy, and upon completion of proper training/competency assessment, may restock automated dispensing technology using barcode scanning verification devices. Restocks medications to all areas outside automated dispensing technology which may include but not limited to trays, code carts and emergency boxes. ??
5. Compounds non-sterile medication products. Understands and appropriately follows all product worksheets/recipes for documentation and check processes. Understands and adheres to all applicable USP compounding guidelines. Demonstrates knowledge of and consistently performs calibrations of equipment and accurately measures components for compounding. Repackages bulk medications into unit of use packaging. Completes accurate documentation of medications compounded and repackaged per policy. ??
6. Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with all policies, laws, and regulations. Performs quality control activities such as monthly nursing unit inspections and pharmacy section checks in a timely manner. Completes documentation of refrigerator temperatures, and equipment maintenance activities as required. ??
7. Handles narcotic medications following all federal and legal requirements as set through policy and procedure. Understands all regulatory requirements for receiving, compounding, repackaging, and distribution for controlled substances. Consistently adheres to all storage and inventory movement documentation requirements for controlled substances.
8. Becomes proficient in performing compounding and labeling of intravenous non-hazardous compounds using proper sterile and aseptic technique as appropriate to the site of care. Understands the different product lines in sterile populations (adult, pediatric, and neonate). Completes all required environmental cleaning procedures. Documents all required tasks and other information per policy. ??
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Completion of a Pharmacy Technician Certification Program.
Requires Pharmacy Technician licensure and active Pharmacy Technician certification (exception for Nevada) OR Pharmacy Intern licensure in the state of practice.
Ability to complete moderate to difficult mathematical calculations using a hand-held calculator is required. Strong customer service focus, exceptional communication skills, strong attention to detail, prioritization capabilities, superior problem-solving skills, and ability to multi-task. Must have knowledge of computer software, particularly medication management information system software, Microsoft applications and automated dispensing systems. Must demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills for interfacing with all levels of staff, physicians, patients, and other contacts.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson or BUMC-P Whole Health Counseling must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.