Pharmacy careers are better at Banner Health. We are committed to developing the careers of our team members. We care about you, your career today and your future. If you???re looking to leverage your abilities ??? apply today.??
The pharmacy department at Banner University Medical Center South services a hospital with 245 licensed beds, with an average midnight census that mildly fluctuates throughout the year usually between 115 and 130, with 40-50% of our in house beds occupied by patients with psychiatric diagnoses, an ED with over 50,000 visits each year, and over a dozen provider/hospital-based clinics. The pharmacy has an ASHP-accredited PGY-1 residency program, participates in drug studies, services patients in specific clinic settings, and has a fairly robust student education program with UA College of Pharmacy. We centrally fill our medications, with Pyxis ES and/or A-system machines in most units, while we have satellite stations for pharmacists in our Med/Surg unit, ICU, behavioral health unit and ED.
If you are an experienced pharmacist with an interest in working with Banner Health then we want to hear from you! This is a full time position and will focus on supervising pharmacy technicians, order verification, interacting directly with physicians and nurses and clinical staffing in a centralized and decentralized setting.?? This is a full time varied shift opportunity with rotating weekend and holidays.?? Enjoy a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable. If you enjoy a fast paced, stimulating environment, and are looking to employ your expertise, then apply today.
University Medical Center South Banner - University Medical Center South is a comprehensive medical center that includes an Emergency department, a state-designated trauma center and a Behavioral Health Pavilion. We are an Arizona Department of Health Services-accredited Cardiac Receiving Center and a Nurses Improving Care for Health system Elders-designated senior-friendly hospital. The hospital is staffed by physicians who are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson and is managed by Banner Health under an operating agreement with Pima County. Our specialty services include inpatient and outpatient behavioral health, treatment and education for diabetes, innovative geriatrics care and comprehensive orthopedics.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the delivery of pharmaceutical care to patients using the medication use process. A Clinical Staff Pharmacist is accountable for documentation of all components of pharmaceutical care they deliver to patients. Oversees the activities of pharmacy technicians and interns, coordinating workflow and approving medications prior to being dispensed. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients being served.?? Must assess data reflective of the patient???s status, interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient???s requirements and provide pharmaceutical care based on those needs. Adheres to local, state, and federal laws regarding the profession of pharmacy practice.
1. ??Processes medication orders and evaluates their appropriateness and completeness with respect to patient data including age, height, weight, diagnosis, laboratory values, and other pertinent patient information.
2. Utilizes clinical pharmacy skills to assess patient medication regimens and formulates recommendations to ensure optimal safety, efficacy, and cost-effectiveness for all prescribed medication therapies.?? Contacts the prescriber with suggestions for improvement and resolves problems with medication orders as needed. Serves as a resource for patients and the health care team.?? Provides requested medication information in a timely manner.
3. Complies with directives of the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee/Clinical Consensus Group. Documents activities related to patient care in the electronic medical record and other electronic databases as applicable (e.g. pharmacist to pharmacist/provider communication, adverse drug event reporting, and clinical interventions).
4. Drives their professional development through the utilization of BPS educational resources to achieve competence in the current and future BH acute pharmacy core clinical practices and activities.?? Additionally, assist with training and onboarding of new staff as applicable.
5. Prepares and dispenses medications, including sterile or non-sterile compounded medications, in an accurate and timely manner in compliance with company policies and procedures and established regulatory requirements.?? Coordinates medication preparation and distribution and ensures accuracy prior to dispensing medications.
6. Oversees the day-to-day operations of the pharmacy, which may include management of technology, inventory management, and accurate record keeping.?? Supervises and directs the work of pharmacy technicians, interns, and students.
Requires unrestricted Pharmacist licensure in the state of practice and a degree in Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy.
If not licensed in the state of practice, must have completed the Board of Pharmacy application process within 30 days of job offer.?? Must be licensed within 90 days of hire unless the delay is due to the State Board of Pharmacy.????
Banner Registry and Travel positions require a current and unrestricted Pharmacist license (not intern)?? at the time of hire and a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting.?? Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a pharmacist in the specialty area.
Must possess good organizational, problem solving, and computer skills. Must possess good written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with all levels of staff, physicians, patients and other contacts.?? Must be able to use reference tools to evaluate patient care and answer questions posed by customers.
Must have knowledge of computer software, particularly medication management information system software, Microsoft applications and Automated dispensing system.
May be required to possess a valid driver???s license and be eligible for coverage under the company???s auto insurance policy.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility.
Completion of an accredited pharmacy residency program or previous clinical pharmacy experience preferred.
Previous hospital experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.