Location: Kingston, New York
To provide comprehensive high quality, cost efficient pharmaceutical services to the individuals in need of the services provided by hospital.
- Provides timely, efficient, and accurate computer order entry of physician orders including: prioritizing of orders by type (i.e. STAT vs. Routine vs. Floor stock); utilizing techniques to minimize potential for order entry errors (e.g. initialing of individual orders in red); implementation of hospital formulary policy for generic and therapeutic substitutions; proper selection of frequency codes to reflect correct dosing time on MAR's; use of clear and complete auxiliary information.
- Clinically monitors patients' medication regimens for proper drug selection, appropriate doses, interactions, and adverse effects; documents interventions through the use of Pharmaceutical Care Notes.
- Provides IV admixtures services in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner, including: preparation of chemotherapy, TPN, routine, and specialty IV products according to department policy and established professional standards; oversight of all activities of the IV department; checking of refilled IV products in patient care area bins against the IVPB Schedule Report.
- Checks completed unit dose cassettes in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner, including: adding missing doses, replacing incorrect medications, strengths or forms, and removing excessive or unauthorized medications or doses; assisting in the cart fill update.
- Participates in clinical pharmacy programs of the department and the Pharmacy, Therapeutics, and Nutrition Committee and documents results and outcomes through the use of Pharmaceutical Care Notes, including: DUE's; ADR tracking and monitoring; antimicrobial culture and sensitivity surveillance; IV to oral switch.
- Performs other pharmacist's duties as assigned or needed: fills employee prescriptions in an accurate and efficient manner; participates in department QA/QI/CQI programs; maintains accurate and appropriate record keeping when dispensing controlled substances; completes controlled substances inventory accurately and efficiently.
- Assists with other functions in the department: supervises the activities of pharmacy technicians and other support staff, providing guidance and direction, and assuring that all medications are checked before delivery; assists in the management of stock by writing low stock items on the Want Book; performs necessary tasks to assure proper patient charges and billing; provides administrative support to the Director of Pharmacy, as needed.
- Takes the responsibility of leadership in a specialty function that is vital to the operation of the Pharmacy Department.
Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited school of pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy.
Acute-care preferred. Comparable hospital pharmacy skills.
IV-Admixture, hyper alimentation, chemotherapy, computer skills.Current NYS license (Pharmacist). Registered with the State Education Department of NY.
Good communication skills-both verbal and written.Job Specific Contacts