$3,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Under the direction of a licensed Pharmacist, each Pharmacy Technician is responsible for assisting in the operations of the home infusion therapy or alternate site pharmacy, which may include sterile compounding, dispensing, scheduling, purchasing, distribution, DME management, performance improvement, regulatory compliance, and other duties as assigned.
Hours: To start between 7:30-8:30am-5:30pm, Monday-Friday; 40 hours. With ability for on call rotation once a month on the weekends. All National Holidays off.
Location Address: 7167 E Kemper Rd. Cincinnati, OH 45249
This is an on-site position.
- Adheres to Organization’s policies and procedures
- Coordinates and facilitates new referrals as assigned
- Communicates and collaborates with physicians, nurses, patients, families, and other team members to provide quality care for the patient
- Maintains thorough and appropriate documentation in the patient record of all activities and communications with and regarding the patient
- Coordinates patient care and performs patient follow-up within the appropriate timeframe as assigned
- Sterile drug preparation in IV room
- Set up and run IV TPN compounder machines
- Pull correct medications and supplies for patients orders
- Participate in daily, weekly and monthly cleaning of IV room
- Restock the IV room daily
Preparing & Filling Prescriptions:
- Coordinates and participates in the dispensing of all medications, related supplies, and equipment in accordance with federal, state, and local laws
- Tracks and confirms deliveries
- Processes and picks all medications, supplies and equipment prior to dispensing from pharmacy
- Demonstrates efficiency in using the dispensing system as appropriate
- Maintains pharmacy records in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
- Collaborates with the pharmacy team and Materials Manager on the procurement and analysis of medications, supplies, pumps, and factor products
- Assesses inventory needs and collaborates with nursing and pharmacy teams
- Understands rotation of inventory (First In, First out (FIFO); older inventory in front)
- Assists with site inventory, maintenance, and other end of month activities
- Collaborates with customer service teams regarding equipment, deliveries, and shipping
- Actively participates in the Performance Improvement Program
- Performs any other related task as determined by the Pharmacist or Pharmacist-In-Charge or as determined by the State Board of Pharmacy
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Valid license, registration and/or certification, in good standing, to practice as a Pharmacy Technician as required by the Board of Pharmacy in the state of Ohio
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Previous experience with Sterile IV Compounding in a Hospital or Specialty Pharmacy Setting (willing to train)
- General knowledge of drug terminology, pharmaceutical calculations, drug use, and aseptic technique
- PTCB / National Pharmacy Technician certification
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.