Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
Schedule: 8.5 hour scheduled shift between the hours of 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM Monday through Friday - local time. Shift will be consistent once determined. Overtime may be required on weekdays and weekends as needed.
If you reside in Michigan, Arizona, Nevada, California, Florida, or Indiana, you will enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. Arizona licensure required in addition to Nevada license. Arizona licensure required in addition to California license.
If you reside in Mississippi or Kansas, there is currently a WAH on waiver, but potential would have to go into the office at some point.
- Verify appropriate and accurate patient information
- Enter prescription data into pharmacy system
- Contact patients, pharmacists, and providers to resolve issues
- Other assignments and projects as needed
- Maintain proficiency and quality as standardized by the department
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 3+ years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- Current, unrestricted Pharmacy Technician License
- 1+ year of pharmacy prescription processing experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency with computer navigation and Microsoft programs such as Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Flexible to work an 8.5 hour scheduled shift between the hours of 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM Monday through Friday. Shift will be consistent once determined. Overtime may be required on weekdays and weekends as needed
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT or NHA)
- 1+ year of experience with computer programs and MS office Suite
- 45 WPM
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Washington or New York City residents is $16.00 to $27.31. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.