Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
As a member of an engaged workforce, the staff pharmacist will work with other healthcare professionals to ensure delivery of exceptional patient care to participating members of the Culinary Health Fund.
- Provide concurrent drug utilization reviews to counsel patient medication therapies and monitor for drug - drug and drug - disease interactions and adverse effects
- Provide medication counseling and education of durable medical devices specific to diabetic patient population
- Support services at the pharmacy operations level for improved patient communication and education
- Support solid focus on providing a superior level of customer service
- Support the maintenance of consistent inventory levels reflective of plan approved formulary
- Maintain prescriptions in a manner that complies with all legal requirements, including OBRA’90
- Transfer prescriptions as necessary
- Provide and administer vaccinations to patients
- Handle inbound / outbound physician calls to validate and fulfill prescription information
- Provide accurate and consistent service levels, focusing on timely and accurate medication distribution
- Coordinate with other departments and team members within Optum to provide maximum level of service
- Ensure adherence and compliance with all state and federal regulations pertaining to the Pharmacy
- Support the management and training of pharmacy technicians
- Exhibit compliant and ethical behavior in the performance of job responsibilities, including complying with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, Optum Code of Conduct, Business Ethics Policies and Procedures and other policies and procedures applicable to position
- Perform other duties, as necessary, to meet the objectives of Optum
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or PharmD
- Current and unrestricted Pharmacist license in the state of Nevada
- Immunization Certification
- 3+ years of experience working as a licensed Pharmacist
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Retail Pharmacy experience
- Bilingual (English, Spanish and Chinese)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $40.87 to $80.43. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.