Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
In this position, you will be working to ensure the right medications are put in the right divvyPACKS, working directly with the robotic machinery, and transitioning divvyPACKS through the different workflow stages from initial dispense through quality control. You will aid pharmacists with receiving, shipping, counting, and packing. The Front Pharmacy Clerk will apply knowledge/skills to activities that often vary from day to day. Demonstrate a moderate level of knowledge and skills in own function. Require little assistance with standard and non-standard requests. Solves routine problems on own. Works with supervisor to solve more complex problems. Prioritizes and organizes own work to meet agreed upon deadlines. Works with others as part of a team.
Schedule: 2nd or 3rd shift
Location: Onsite – Moline, IL
- Run the automated machinery required to pre-sort and package medications, including filling exception trays with the appropriate medication and transitioning the different workflow stages from initial dispense through quality control
- Count and fill prescription vials and affix labels on bulk prescription items
- Pack and ship completed divvyPACKS, which includes printing and affixing appropriate labels on dispenser and shipping boxes
- Procure and ship patient pharmaceutical boxes
- Sort and triage the right boxes to ship at the right time
- Other duties as assigned
General Job Profile:
- Provide exemplary customer service
- Maintain updated patient records with strong attention to detail and compliance with HIPAA standards
- Serve as a liaison between the pharmacists and other medical professionals as appropriate
- Ensure orders are processed in a timely manner and meet clinical requirements prior to fulfillment
- Ability to solve problems and communicate issues clearly
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Stand for long periods
- Pick and pinch small tablets with fingers, and seize, hold, grasp or turn objects with
- Hands; perceive the size, shape, temperature, or texture of objects by touching with fingertips
- Lift and push or pull up to 25 pounds
- See objects at close vision and be able to identify and distinguish colors
- Strong computer and typing skills are required
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 3+ years of experience in a pharmacy setting
- Ability to lift and push or pull up to 25 pounds
- Ability to stand on your feet for 7+ hours
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: #RPO