$3,000 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
Opportunities with Genoa Healthcare. A career with Genoa Healthcare means you're part of a collaborative effort to serve behavioral health and addiction treatment communities. We do more than just provide medicine: we change lives for the better. People with serious mental or chronic illness - and those who care for them - have moving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their partner. Working as part of a coordinated care team, we partner with community-based providers and others to ensure that people with complex health conditions get the right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans. Our personalized services - in-clinic pharmacies, medication management and more - are leading the way to a new level of care.
Genoa is a pharmacy care services company that is part of Optum and UnitedHealth Group’s family of businesses. We are part of a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. Take a closer look to learn why a career with Genoa Healthcare might be the path to discovering your life's best work.(sm)
Position in this function is under the supervision of the Pharmacy Liaison Supervisor, the Pharmacy Liaison will work independently and establish strong, credible relationships with patient, clinicians, and internal Genoa staff to help provide high level, specialized prescriptive care to patients in a fast-paced hospital and/or specialty clinic settings.
- Works in a hospital setting and builds solid relationships with patients, hospital staff, pharmacy team as well as other clients and stakeholders aligned with the business group
- Participates in daily/weekly/monthly team meetings and acts on feedback to ensure quality care on -site
- Educates potential patients about services provided at time of discharge and articulates how patients may utilize pharmacy services to obtain full benefits of the high-quality prescriptive care
- Attends and contributes to daily medical team meetings and coordinates the collection of prescriptions, patient orders and all necessary paperwork for the pharmacy team in order to handle dispensing of patient medications
- Schedules and coordinates pharmacist consultation review of patient’s prescribed medications to drive medication adherence and education
- Handles the coordination of patient medication delivery at time of discharge and ensures education has been provided to all necessary caregivers
- Identifies and resolves insurance billing adjudication; including facilitating prior authorizations (PAs), and assisting in locating financial assistance for patients as needed
- Conducts weekly follow up calls with hospital patients following discharge to ensure aftercare plans have been met
- Identifies trends, barriers and potential process improvement opportunities and subsequently recommends customized and innovative solutions; as well as proposing value-driven change when necessary
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Valid Driver's license and insurance
- Technician License for FL
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.