Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
As the Front Pharmacy Technician, you will be asked to shadow to demonstrate what right looks like as a fully proficient Technician. Positively contributes to overall team motivation and drives team engagement.
If you reside in Iowa or Illinois, you will enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM CST, 40 hours
Location: Remote - Nationwide
- Provide an exceptional customer experience with every interaction
- Provide a holistic approach to case management by completing the following duties for each customer assigned, they include but are not limited to, customer onboarding, prescription requests, entry, billing, and submittal of the customer's order to fulfillment for delivery
- Look for and report barriers that impact customers experience and box completeness
- Assist with operations support, training, and process improvements
- Contribute to updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and team content
General Job Profile:
- Extensive work experience within own function
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures
- Works independently
- May coordinate others activities
- Applies knowledge/skills to a range of moderately complex activities
- Demonstrates great depth of knowledge/skills in own function
- Sometimes acts as a technical resource to others in own function
- Proactively identifies solutions to non-standard requests
- Solves moderately complex problems on own
- Works with team to solve complex problems
- Plans, prioritizes, organizes, and completes work to meet established objectives
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 2+ years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- Current Pharmacy Technician state license OR National Certification without restrictions based on regulatory requirements of worksite OR the ability to obtain licensing within 1 year of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Washington or New York City residents is $16.00 to $27.31. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.