Pharmacy Tech I PRN - AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One for eligible employees
Paid Days Off from Day One for eligible employees
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: 9100 W 74th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
Primary responsibility is the provision of medication distributive functions and pharmacy operational tasks, which includes but is not limited to assisting the pharmacist with all duties of preparing and dispensing of medications, inventory management, and regulatory compliance. Performs duties necessary for the effective daily operation of all department services and programs. Accurately responds to medication dispensing requests, prepares medications for pharmacist final review/check, delivers checked medications, and returns unused or expired medications to appropriate pharmacy areas. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Actively performs all pharmacy technician functions and maintains active proficiency in standard work parameters, hospital and pharmacy specific computer systems, and operational programs
• Maintains operational expertise and competency in, and actively provides coverage of technician services provided by central pharmacy operations
• Appropriately utilizes medication automation, technology, and computer systems. Maintains expertise in electronic medical records processes and accurately interprets records
• Accurately completes medication inventories and accurately prepares and dispenses patientâspecific medication doses. Prevents improper drug, dose, dosage form selection, expiration dating, and barcode scanning issues when checking products
• Understands how to handle process and appropriately dispose of all waste materials, including all levels of hazardous waste, within the department. Knowledgeable about the appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Hazardous Medication Spill Kits in the event of a cytotoxic spill
• Facilitates medication safety practices by identifying and reporting potential medication errors such as look-alike sound-alike medications.
• Prepares and delivers accurate, safe and timely medication
• Supports and collaborates with the decentralized pharmacy staff and patient care providers to optimize care and improve services.
Clinical Pharmacy Services
• Supports practice in all pharmacy areas and clinical services
Teamwork and Inter-Professional Collaboration
• Presents to assigned areas on time and ready to work and does not exhibit unscheduled absenteeism
• Assures continuity of care between shifts, among pharmacy staff assignments, and across pharmacy practice areas
• Works effectively with all members of the healthcare team to ensure the best outcome for the patient
• Demonstrates sensitivity to the perspective of the patient, caregiver, or health care colleague in all communications
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.