Location: Nashville, Tennessee
MCJCHV Rx OR Technician Svcs
Provides expert leadership in the utilization of technical pharmacy and computer skills to assist in development, implementation and support of pharmacy systems or processes. Requires knowledge of pharmacy and hospital processes and strong analytical skills in gathering information, identifying problems and assisting with resolution of problems relating to systems or processes. Good written and verbal communication skills are required. Training of pharmacy staff to effectively utilize pharmacy systems is a requirement of the position.
* Supports implementation and testing of new systems or processes utilized in the pharmacy.
* Serves as a technical resource to users and others in the department for pharmacy systems and data management.
* Assists with data management to support programs, compliance and safe medication use processes.
* Participates in quality assurance activities related to the medication use process or specified program.
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
* Mentoring & Coaching (Novice): Constructively trains and mentors others by providing positive direction and feedback. Has provided constructive suggestions to improve a situation. Knows how to remove roadblocks to success and avoids judgments at all times. Makes a concerted effort to pass on experiences and job information that can be learned easily.
* Pharmacy Data Management (Intermediate): Demonstrates a conceptual and business understanding of Data Management, as well as related topics. Able to quickly and accurately discuss the impact of new technology, platforms and design criteria on Data Management. Knowledgeable of the major business units which use applications in Data Management. Understands and monitors appropriate key business indicators as they may apply to enhancements to Data Management. Able to communicate with users and customers regarding various business functions and how they fit into Data Management in an easily understood manner.
* Pharmacy Systems Integration (Intermediate): Demonstrates mastery of systems integration in practical applications of a difficult nature. Able to blend legacy systems with new systems and technology in a seamless solution. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering systems integration solutions without requiring support and instruction from others.
* Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance & Compliance (Advanced): Possesses specialized knowledge of the appropriate rules and regulations and applies them in difficult, stressful and complex situations. Demonstrates expertise and advanced knowledge of process improvement, and quality assurance techniques. Understands the principles upon which the rules and regulations are based. Demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality improvement and maintains compliance with a federal, state and local regulations as well as VUMC policies and procedures. Able to explain rules and regulations that are ambiguous or unclear.
* Pharmaceutical Computer Literacy (Intermediate): Has demonstrated a high level of proficiency in understanding computers or has successfully completed additional training for applications that are used to support more complex or automated medication use processes. Is capable of using the advanced features of pharmaceutical computer applications to support patient care issues of moderate difficulty.
Allied health is among the fastest growing occupations in healthcare today. This area can be defined as credentialed professionals who perform supportive, diagnostic, and therapeutic health care services to promote health and prevent disease in a variety of settings.
These areas are crucial to Vanderbilt Health's reputation for excellence in these areas that has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South.
Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the southeast choose Vanderbilt Health for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.
* Organizational Impact: Plans and sets day-to-day objectives for the team that have a direct effect on the results of the department or area that the job is in. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Resolves technical and operational problems within provided guideline. * Breadth of Knowledge: Applies advanced subject matter knowledge within a specific technical area and basic management knowledge to support the team. * Team Interaction: Leads/supervises a unit within a department or a small department. Typically without budget or hire/fire authority. Role is typically a 'working' supervisor.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues: - Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy, and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance e and gain knowledge in new areas. - Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships. - Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them. - Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly. - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring. Managing Resources Effectively: - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities. Fostering Innovation: - Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches. - Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges. - Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
LIC-Pharmacy Technician - Tennessee
Relevant Work Experience
Experience Level :
Graduate of an approved discipline specific program
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or email@example.com.