Location: Nashville, Tennessee
VUMC TempForce has opportunities for Staff Pharmacist. This is a 6 month assignment with premium pay. This position will provide leadership within a specialized healthcare team and the patient to assure optimal cost effective drug therapy. This includes developing specific pharmacotherapeutic goals, recommending a regimen and developing a monitoring plan to meet the individualized drug therapy needs of the patient. The clinical pharmacist is responsible for leading efforts in the prevention and reporting of medication errors and adverse drug reactions according to policy and works to continuously improve process and practice in the institution to enhance safety of medication therapy.
* Reviews drug orders and/or prescriptions to ensure the safe, appropriate and cost-effective use of medications.
* Provides outstanding patient care by optimizing medication preparation and resolving medication-related problems.
* Prepares and dispenses medications, provides drug information and manages medication therapy in accordance with federal, state and local regulations and hospital policy.
* Supervises the activities of assigned support personnel and verifying the accuracy and appropriateness of all medications prepared by support personnel prior to dispensing to patients or dispensing to healthcare providers for administration to patients.
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center TempForce was created to connect temporary talent to all areas of VUMC. TempForce places diverse and skilled personnel to departments across the Medical Center.
LENGTH OF ASSIGNMENT
- One weekend a month.
* Medication Management (Intermediate): Demonstrates proficiency in medication management in practical applications of a difficult nature. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully conducting Medication Management without requiring support and instruction from others. Has the ability to determine the clinical appropriateness of each medication taken by the patient, determine the appropriateness of the dose, dosage form, indication, contraindications, potential adverse effects and potential problems with concomitant medications. Able to monitor for therapeutic duplication or other unnecessary medications, interpret, monitor and assessing patient's laboratory results as they relate to medication therapy and provide drug information to other healthcare professionals, patients and their families.
* Pharmaceutical Drug Preparation & Dispensing (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully review, prepare and dispense prescribed medications. This includes being proficient in the general principles of aseptic technique utilized to compound sterile preparations (CSPs) to minimize the risk of contamination (where applicable).
* Mentoring & Coaching (Novice): Constructively trains and mentors others by providing positive direction and feedback. Has provided constructive suggestions to improve a situation. Knows how to remove roadblocks to success and avoids judgments at all times. Makes a concerted effort to pass on experiences and job information that can be learned easily.
* Pharmaceutical Computer Literacy (Novice): Has demonstrated a proficient understanding of computers or has successfully completed training for applications that are used to support medication use processes. Is capable of using the fundamental features of pharmaceutical computer applications to support patient care issues of moderate difficulty.
* Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance & Compliance (Advanced): Possesses specialized knowledge of the appropriate rules and regulations and applies them in difficult, stressful and complex situations. Demonstrates expertise and advanced knowledge of process improvement, and quality assurance techniques. Understands the principles upon which the rules and regulations are based. Demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality improvement and maintains compliance with a federal, state and local regulations as well as VUMC policies and procedures. Able to explain rules and regulations that are ambiguous or unclear.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center TempForce (TempForce) was created to connect temporary talent to areas throughout the Medical Center. TempForce places diverse and skilled personnel to departments across the Medical Center. In any given year, TempForce fills a wide variety of temporary requests including pharmacists, administrative/clerical roles, medical assistants and more.
We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce. High-achieving employees stay at VUMC for professional growth, appreciation of benefits, and a sense of community and purpose.
Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams. Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution. Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas. Team Interaction: Acts as a "go-to" resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues: - Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy, and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance e and gain knowledge in new areas. - Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships. - Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them. - Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly. - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring. Managing Resources Effectively: - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities. Fostering Innovation: - Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches. - Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges. - Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
LIC-Pharmacist License - Tennessee
Relevant Work Experience
Less than 1 year
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.