All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
· Sign-on Bonus up to $2500
· Relocation Bonus*
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Part Time
Shift: 1430-2300 and they would work every other weekend
The community you’ll be caring for:
· Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
· We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
· Career growth and advancement potential
· Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
· AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
· We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
Primary responsibility is the provision of medication distributive functions and pharmacy operational tasks, which includes but is not limited to assisting the pharmacist with all duties of preparing and dispensing of medications, inventory management, and regulatory compliance. Performs duties necessary for the effective daily operation of all department services and programs. Accurately responds to medication dispensing requests, prepares medications for pharmacist final review/check, delivers checked medications, and returns unused or expired medications to appropriate pharmacy areas. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Actively performs all pharmacy technician functions and maintains active proficiency in standard work parameters, hospital and pharmacy specific computer systems, and operational programs
Maintains operational expertise and competency in, and actively provides coverage of at least two of the following:
Participates in appropriate utilization of medication automation, technology, and computer systems. Maintains expertise in electronic medical records processed and accurately interprets records.
Supports automated dispensing cabinet inventory management and maintains proficiency to trouble shoot cabinet issues
Accurately completes medication inventories and accurately prepares and dispenses patientâspecific medication doses. Prevents improper drug, dose, dosage form selection, expiration dating, and barcode scanning issues when checking products
Understands how to handle process and appropriately dispose of all waste materials, including all levels of hazardous waste, within the department. Knowledgeable about the appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Hazardous Medication Spill Kits in the event of a hazardous medication spill.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
· High School Grad or Equiv
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Applicable State Pharmacy Technician Registration (RPT) OR Current, valid State Pharmacist Intern license if applicable to state
· Sterile Compounding Certification, if applicable per state legislation
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.