West Virginia University (WVU) Hospitals’ Department of Pharmacy is recruiting for clinical pharmacists specializing in acute care internal medicine and/or cardiology at the flagship academic medical center in Morgantown, WV. Scheduling is primarily dayshift M-F with rotating weekends but may also rotate through evenings or nights if needed. The duties of this position include order verification, responding to drug information questions, medication management, pharmacokinetic consultation, patient counseling, and coordination of operational functions with pharmacy technicians. In addition, non-patient care expectations will include student and resident precepting, committee involvement, and research/quality improvement project participation. The clinical pharmacist will also be an active member of the Code Blue response team and will respond to medical emergencies as needed.
1. Clinical Pharmacy Specialist – Medicine/Cardiology Float: This full-time acute care Clinical Pharmacy Specialist position is a float position and will cover a variety of rounding services, providing care in the specialty areas of Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, General Cardiology, Advanced Heart Failure, Cardiovascular Surgery, and Cardiovascular ICU. For more information, please visit: https://wvumedicine.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WVUH/job/Pharmacy-Specialist---Cardiology-Float-Clinical-Pharmacist_JR23-22111
2. Clinical Pharmacy Specialist – Internal Medicine Specialist: This full-time acute care Clinical Pharmacy Specialist position will cover a dedicated academic internal medicine service. For more information, please visit: https://wvumedicine.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WVUH/job/Internal-Medicine-Clinical-Pharmacy-Specialist_JR23-15388
Please indicate if you are interested in one or both positions when sending PPS interview requests.
1. Completion of a PGY-2 Residency in an applicable clinical field OR;
2. Completion of a PGY-1 Residency AND Board Certified in an applicable clinical field OR;
3. Completion of a PGY-1 Residency AND relevant pharmacist experience OR;
4. Relevant pharmacy experience AND Board Certified in an applicable clinical field
About West Virginia University Medicine - WVU Hospitals
WVU Hospitals, a 850-bed tertiary care academic medical center, serves as the primary teaching destination for West Virginia University’s health professions schools. We are the largest of 22 hospitals in the West Virginia University Health System, which includes hospitals in WV, OH, and MD.
WVU Hospitals, the flagship campus of WVU Medicine, includes J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital, WVU Medicine Children’s, WVU Heart and Vascular Institute, WVU Critical Care and Trauma Institute, WVU Cancer Institute, WVU Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute, and the Chestnut Ridge Center for Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry on the same campus in Morgantown.
WVU Hospitals provides the most advanced level of care available to the citizens of West Virginia and bordering states. Our staff consists of highly trained, dedicated professionals who are experienced in the latest techniques and technologies and the art of caring. WVU Hospitals is ranked the number one hospital in West Virginia by U.S. News & World Report, and has received its fourth Magnet® designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. We are not only the leader in clinical excellence in the state but also a national leader ...in innovative ground-breaking therapies and approach to patient care. As an academic health institution, and a National Institutes of Health funded center, we bring access to the latest in clinical trials and we are at the forefront of developing cutting-edge research.