Pharmacy Technicians/Trainees, under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, assist in the various activities of the pharmacy department. Pharmacy technicians/trainees assist the pharmacist in preparing and distributing medications, maintaining the drug inventory and maintenance of records. Pharmacy Technicians/trainees function in accordance with standard written procedures, guidelines and state and federal regulations. They do not perform duties that can legally be performed only by a registered pharmacist.
1. Two years hospital or 1 year IV experience preferred
2. Knowledgeable of and complies with laws, rules and regulations that govern the practice of pharmacy
3. Ability to set priorities, meets deadlines, solves problems, adapts to changes within the work environment
4. An aptitude for working with other health care professionals
5. Able to travel
6. Must demonstrate commitment and adherence to STHS’s Compliance Program and Code of Conduct through compliance with all policies and procedures, the Code of Conduct, attendance at required training and immediately reporting suspected compliance issue(s) to the Compliance Officer.
EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
1. High School diploma or GED required.
2. Current Texas State Pharmacy Technician Registration
3. Associate’s Degree preferred
4. ASHP IV certification or,successful completion of an ACPE/ASHP accredited program within 180 days of hire if not already certified.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.