Join CHRISTUS: The quality of life you've been looking for
CHRISTUS Health offers a supportive environment where quality of work and quality of life are in balance. Our Associates have the career they deserve and the culture they enjoy, as they further our faith-based mission of healing.
CHRISTUS Health is headquartered in Dallas and is comprised of almost 350 services and facilities. CHRISTUS services can be found in 60 cities in six states in the U.S., seven states in Mexico, and one state in Chile.
CHRISTUS Mother Frances is a national leader in patient satisfaction, advanced technology and quality initiatives, and is the East Texas region's preferred health care provider with over 75 years of dedicated service to the people of East Texas. The organization encompasses seven hospitals and the area's preferred multi-specialty physician group, CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic, serving Northeast Texas with over 330 physicians and mid-level providers representing 36 specialties in 33 clinic locations.
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Tyler is the centerpiece of our East Texas Ministry, a 561-bed multi-specialty facility, Level II Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Comprehensive Heart Care Center, Level III NICU, renowned women's center and major center for emergency and elective surgery. The Director of Pharmacy, Multi-site at CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System is responsible for oversight of hospitals in Tyler, Sulphur Springs, Jacksonville, and Winnsboro in addition to a network of ambulatory surgery centers and standalone emergency care centers.
Manages the medication use process in collaboration with the Medical Staff and Nursing Services by organizing the processes and functions of the Pharmacy Department efficiently, economically, and professionally in accordance with Hospital and Departmental policy and applicable federal and state legal requirements.
Recommends changes in resource-allocation, policy, facilities, equipment, and programs in order to achieve the ministry's objectives.
Leads a decentralized team of managers and associates for multiple hospital pharmacies based on a shared governance approach.
Recommends or establishes interdisciplinary teams supporting pharmaceutical care and patient care services.
Nurtures collaborative pharmacist-physician relationships to provide safe, effective, and efficient patient care while ensuring pharmacists feel empowered to serve as patient representatives/advocates.
· Proficient in living the Mission and Core Values of CHRISTUS Health and coach/mentor Ministry pharmacy leaders to optimize performance of pharmacy in each ministry.
· Ensures pharmacists, technicians, residents receive ongoing training, competency assessment and performance improvement activities to improve patient outcomes.
· Works collaboratively with providers to maintain an effective formulary based on safety, efficacy and cost; as well as the development of treatment guidelines / protocols that improve clinical care.
· Coordinates routine operational audits of pharmacy operations, including compliance with system initiatives, regulatory compliance, associate engagement and talent management.
· Coordinates with ministry teams for talent acquisition activities, establishment of productivity targets.
· Supports centralized system for medication order management.
· Coordinate and lead strategies to manage industry drug shortages, including development of policies, guidance documents, and tools. Consult and collaborate with stakeholders such as system pharmacists, physicians, nursing, clinical educators, legal counsel and ethics leaders, as appropriate.
· Assume responsibility for meeting benchmarks related to clinical pharmacy services, including productivity assessment and impact of clinical services on drug costs and medication safety goals.
· Provides appropriate drug information services, in-service education, communication, etc. to keep pharmacy, physician and nursing staff aware of important changes in pharmacy policy, procedure or Formulary status.
· Assist with pharmacy education intiatives and development and/or improvement of the pharmacy service/model. Educational programs include pharmacy residency training (PGY1 and PGY2), pharmacy professional student rotations, and volunteer/shadowing for high school students interested in health professions.
· Participates in committee meetings(s) as determined by Ministry and System Leadership to support organizational initiatives.
· Serves as a preceptor for pharmacy students/residents from local colleges of Pharmacy, pharmacy residents (if applicable), and/or other healthcare professionals in training.
· Collaborates with the other Pharmacy Directors to review and maintain department policies and procedures for pharmacy services; Assists in development and implementation of accrediting agency medication management standards. Facilitate and provide leadership in the maintenance and development of clinical pharmacy initiatives, policies, and protocols.
· Responsible for remaining up-to-date on all Federal, State and local laws, accreditation standards or regulatory agency requirements, which apply to the assigned area of responsibility and ensures compliance with all such laws and regulations.
· Will comply with all aspects of the CHRISTUS HealthCorporate Compliance Plan to include the immediate reporting of any known or suspected illegal or unethical behaviors, criminal conduct or patient/employee safety violations or issues.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.