All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
The community you’ll be caring for: Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Ocala
Horse Capital of the World – Home to the World Equestrian Center
Affordable cost of living
Destination for outdoor enthusiast (golf, kayaking, horseback riding, nature trails)
Vibrant downtown area with award winning establishments
Family friendly with many parks and recreations
Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
AdventHealth Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
The role you’ll contribute:
The Pharmacist supports the mission of the department, hospital, and health-system by preventing, identifying and resolving medication use issues to assure patients safety, improve patients’ satisfaction, optimize patients’ outcome and minimize cost. May work in the centralized and decentralized areas. Will perform all functions of a registered pharmacist including accurate and timely dispensing, clinical interactions with patients and healthcare team, and technician supervision.Primary responsibility is the provision of integrated clinical and distributive pharmacy services, decentralized inter-professional pharmacy practice, direct patient care programs, expert experiential pharmacy student and pharmacy resident training, and leadership of quality improvement and practice advancement initiatives. Proficiently leads general and specialty direct patient care programs, advanced drug management services, and medication use systems throughout the institution. Actively functions as a member of clinical pharmacy services, decentralized pharmacy practice programs, and multidisciplinary teams to proficiently complete critical medication order scrutiny, drug profile review, and monitoring of patients with a broad range of disease states to identify, prevent, or mitigate medication-related problems. Actively participates in medication safety systems, regulatory compliance initiatives, patient quality services, and disease outcomes programs. Delivers general and specialty medication therapy management consult services and disease state management services as needed and proactively intervenes in all areas of medication use as appropriate to optimize patient outcomes. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Actively performs all pharmacist functions, actively participates in established standard work parameters, and maintains functional proficiency in and actively provides coverage of central pharmacy and/or satellite areas as requested.
· Maintains operational expertise in, actively provides coverage of, and proactively leads the services provided by central pharmacy, IV room pharmacy, and/or satellite pharmacy areas.
· Oversees and ensures appropriate utilization of medication automation, technology, and computer systems.
· Accurately oversees the management of medication inventories and the preparation and dispensing of patient-specific medication doses.
· Supervises technician and intern practice, prioritizes work load, organizes work flow, and checks accuracy of pharmacy technician activities.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy OR Doctor of Pharmacy
· Current, valid State Pharmacist license
· Board certification from the Board of Pharmacy Specialties
· Post Graduate Year One (PGY1) AND Post Graduate Year Two (PGY2) Pharmacy Residency in specialty area consistent with practice needs of institution
· PGY1 Residency plus contemporary hospital or specialty practice experience (3+ years) consistent with practice needs of institution
· Clinical pharmacy experience in contemporary hospital or specialty practice (5+ years) consistent with practice needs of institution
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.